Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 / 4L80E harness and PCM

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 / 4L80E harness and PCM

This is a question that is burning at me. I currently have a 4L80E from a 92-94 GM Truck too possible be installed into my Monte Carlo that has a 406 SBC right now. Well I have had the bug for an LS series engine for one of my cars, well the 406 would go nicely into my Chevelle and a LS2 in the Monte Carlo would make an awesome driver. I don't currently have an 4L65E to put behind a LS2 and I believe that I will end up moding the engine which will include NOS and drag racing.....well the 4L65E and its 700R4 sisters don't like drag racing with 4000 lbs and oxide. I would like to put my 4L80E behind the LS2 and that is where my problem lies, LS2 and it PCM will not work with the trans, at least that is what information I get right now.

The Question: I know a LS2 harness and PCM from the various manufactures will not work with a 4L80E trans, but a Harness and PCM from trucks will take the trans. Yes I know there will have to be changes to get it all to work together, like losing the drive by wire TB (I will not cry over that) along with changing the rector wheel from the 56x to the 24x. What is involved that I maybe missing, and any suggestion will be welcomed. I have looked at speartech website but anybody else will be investagated (I may have connections at Painless).

I know this is long and I thank you for taking the time.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you must talk to john at speartech ,he is now making a harness for what you need . its not on his website yet.i have an 06 ls2 mated with a 4l80e that is not running yet and i have not purchased the harness from him yet , but i have been in contact with him . you can also keep your reluctor wheel and drive by wire, JOHN
Old 02-11-2008, 07:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 228 Likes on 161 Posts

do some homework on the 4l80e-there has been a lot of changes since your 02-04-they had pressure runaway, which would split the case in the rear-newer models have a thicker case and upgraded inners-not trying to scare you, just do some ck'ing before spending a lot of money
transgo has a lot of stuff out there, press. kits, etc-would be good to hear from a trans spec. on the 4l80e's and best years
i was going to build my 04, but am holding off for now, searching for a newer model
Old 02-11-2008, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

forcd ind: I read about those issue to early on, but I'm only looking to be pushing a max of 550 hp through it. I needs an overhaul right now and there are repairs for the pressure run away. Basicly it is what I got right now.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read that his was from a 92-94 truck. Is the pressure run problem with them or the 02-04 models? I have an 03 that I'll be using, is this something I need to take care of b4?

Rick

Quick Reply: LS2 / 4L80E harness and PCM