Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 Fiero swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome build up!
I did not know you posted up on this site Archie!
I think I will go undercover as a parts driver to see if I can get the dime tour of the shop.
The owner couldn't be in better hands. You are a top notch builder for sure!
I can't wait to see how it turns out.
Can you say at 55mph+ ????

Jim
Old 04-10-2008, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

update!!
Originally posted by Archie:

Today, the whole chassis from the windshield back was treated, prep'ed & painted with POR15.

Tomorrow we do the front of the chassis.

There you go, finally a post that doesn't have pics of the LS7 in it.

Archie
Old 04-10-2008, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

more!!

We got the other end of the chassis painted today.

Archie
Old 04-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camarols1
Awesome build up!
I did not know you posted up on this site Archie!
I think I will go undercover as a parts driver to see if I can get the dime tour of the shop.
The owner couldn't be in better hands. You are a top notch builder for sure!
I can't wait to see how it turns out.
Can you say at 55mph+ ????

Jim
Well someone's gotta be here to keep an eye on you.

We're going to have to do that LS3 Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

Archie
Old 04-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

nice build
Old 04-13-2008, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

It's time for me to start mapping out the exhaust components. I've looked at hooker, magnaflow, flowmaster, and pypes. So far I'm leaning towards Pypes Violator ( http://www.pypesexhaust.com/mufflers.html#03 ). Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Launching!

how much would you sell an adapter kit for that same g6 transmission.....i am building a copied ariel atom and i want to do a lsx drivetrain in it....it needs to stay a transverse setup....or what other transmissions do u already have adapters for?
Old 04-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Civette
how much would you sell an adapter kit for that same g6 transmission.....i am building a copied ariel atom and i want to do a lsx drivetrain in it....it needs to stay a transverse setup....or what other transmissions do u already have adapters for?
Very Nice!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

this is a badass car.. I want to see her go down the strip...

What does everyone think she will run her first time..

I think in the bottom 10's
Old 04-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Civette
At 1st I thought what the heck is a "ariel atom", then I googled it.....

Now all I can say are 2 things......

1) You're one crazy dude

2) Can I have a ride?

That thing should be the ultimate Hybird.

For the Fiero application the LSx Conversions kits & the 6 speed conversion kits are actually 2 seperate items. The 2 kits include mounts, adapters, axles, clutch, Flywheel, radiator, etc.

I don't want to sell someone parts that they don't need. I can give you a quote for the parts you'll need but we'll have to figure out what parts you'll be needing for the atom.

drop me an EMail at Archie@v8archie.com or give me a call during the day at 800-891-3608 & we'll figure it out.

Archie
Old 04-14-2008, 11:38 PM
TECH Resident

nice car man
Old 04-30-2008, 08:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Some unbelievable fabrication work. Truely slick solutions. Wish I had your skills.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by greenfbodyracer
this is a badass car.. I want to see her go down the strip...

What does everyone think she will run her first time..

I think in the bottom 10's
Considering the only car archie has ever made that made some measureable power (383 with a 200 shot), ran mid 11's, I am going to say that this LS7 setup will seriously struggle to make high 11's.

The transmission gearing is basically completely useless for a motor that makes this sort of power. It will either explode, or just run slow as you wont be able to get the power down when you need to. Getting the tires spinning in second gear would be an act of god.

200 torque transmission + 500 torque motor = grenade, not a high performance drivetrain.

Edit to add

One other car to come out of archies shop that made trips to the track was a turbo, intercooled, stroked 383 LT1, that ran mid 12's. Running an 11 with a v8 swap requires one of 2 things, A setup that will not cause the transmission to explode, or a setup with enough power to make it down the track seeing full throttle less than half the way. Solid mounting a transmission and motor to a frame is not my idea of helping it survive...

Last edited by darkhorizon; 04-30-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Darkhorizon If you don't mind keep your Archie bashing Sh*t to your self or start your own thread if you must. If you hate this setup so much why in the hell did you follow it here, build a better mouse trap or shut the f**k up. On the other forum you don't talk highly of V8 motors so why are you on a LS forum?

Just so we know the type of person that we are dealing with:

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

I am waiting for the manual v8 guys to accept my challenge, I will race for whatever, money/pinks, heads up best of 5 races pinks style anywhere in the midwest.

I never saw that challenge before, but you're on.

We will be racing for $5000.00 cash, just like on Pinks. (bring cash or Money Order)

We will be racing at Great Lakes Dragaway.

We can run in late April or early May whatever day you can make it into town.

Bring proof that the car you are racing belongs to you.

Put up or shut up.

Archie

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

On the otherhand, knowing I will take crap for this, but I am not going to call archies bluff here, as I dont have 5000 to risk, nor do I want to take my car into the drag racing direction at the moment. i like driving it around town, and the fact I have already gotten back what I invested in it.
darkhorizon = TROLL
Old 04-30-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Stock Fiero brakes are known to fail. Hope he did something to rectify that. Any interior shots?
Old 04-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Banned

Here is cletus' 377 cubic inch motor on the dyno. First he blamed the low numbers on the dyno being rigged, then he blamed it me knowing the dyno operator and rigging it, then he blamed it on the weather conditions, then he blamed it on a dead vietnam vet who built the engine. Jeez man no class from cletus. how many excuses can you give cletus?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6MfE1uF7qg

And here check out this video. here is the vid of a turnkey car by cletus with a 330 hp crate motor from GM thats been cletus tuned. 330 at the crank and 238 at the wheels. Total cost? Over 10k$!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYwwnzMjRNU

Is this the man you want to do business with? Spend thousands of dollars for lackluster performance? I wouldn't.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
Stock Fiero brakes are known to fail. Hope he did something to rectify that. Any interior shots?
13" Corvette brakes on all four corners:

I don't know if everybody wants to see a buildup on these brakes, but I'm sure you'd like to see what they look like on the car.

Interior shot, just painted glass for now but will get leather after paint.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

I apologize to the LS1TECH community, I see the trolls have arrived. PhrektheGay is really Shaun Hammit and lives his sorry life trolling Archie.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

with regards to the transmission i think the comment about granading it is an ok one to make... the fiero transaxles arent exactlt known to be bylletproof... ive seen some v8 fieros running acura NSX transmissions for this very reason.. and building a car of this caliber.. with brakes and chassis to go with an engine like an ls7... i think it would be a shame to go thru transmissions at the same rate as the rear tires..

just my 2 cents
Old 04-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Banned

he won't be breaking trannies though because its going to be a trailorqueen.

I love how the previous motor had a claimed 430 hp because it was a zz430 clone but it wasn't making that much because of the TPI runners on it. I am sure troyboy if asked would claim it made 430 hp though but with no dyno to back it up.

There was another person who put the same motor in a fiero, the zz430 clone, claimed it made 430 hp with those restrictive TPI runners, and only put down 298 whp!! Thats right less then 300 hp at the wheels from a claimed 430 crank hp setup. Thats a 30% loss!! That motor was also done turnkey by cletus. That car never ran the qtr mile and broke 3 or 4 axles too. UNRELIABLE!!

All that tq and not having the drivetrain to handle it makes building the car absolutely pointless other then to have a bunch of people swinging from your nards based solely on the fact that they think its making big power or thats its faster even though its not making power and its not fast. Fiero owners call this the "wow factor". Yea I am wowed alright. All that money wasted on a drivetrain you can't utilize for fear of breaking the tranny or something else. It doesnt' have to be fast, but if asked its the fastest thing ever. And when the owners pop that decklid and some old fart says "wow" then the fiero owner feels its $15k well spent even if it only runs 14's in the qtr.

SBC v8 fieros claim they didn't build a track car when they put in a sbc. Talk about laughable right? Its my guess they did it for the gas mileage. I mean why else do they put in a v8 if not to go fast?

Take it to the track and when it runs 13's I wonder what excuses will come flying out of the owners mouth. But like I said it will never see a track because its a trailorqueen.

Quick Reply: LS7 Fiero swap