http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sho...d=1#post374403
Old 03-24-2008, 09:26 PM
LS1Tech Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Goodness, looks like I need to compile another letter. I hate this state
Old 03-24-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn. reading that just makes me happier that i live in oklahoma. no emmissions or visual testing, cheaper cost of living, cheaper fuel for my "polluting muscle car." I feel for ya man, seems like there are a bunch of dumbasses running your state.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

someone on their braought up a good point that people often forget about.

thats that what comifornia does trickles down. even though im in illinois right now, i still live in massachusettes and over there, whatever cali gets, we get next.

so it really is ipmotant for everyone to be pissed about stuff like this. just because you live somewhere that doesnt test now, the more cali gets away with , the sooner you'll be getting smog checked too. even in the midwest
Old 03-25-2008, 12:41 AM
On The Tree

Yup, for some reason whatever happens in Cali trickles down. I dont think anyone ever gets it as bad as they do but it still makes it ways down. I still dont understand why its just that one state that is so damn "green" though.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by leonpiper69
the more cali gets away with , the sooner you'll be getting smog checked too. even in the midwest
HAHA the midwest is 30 behind on smog checks and inspections! I dont think it will even happen, but Nebraska does have the highest cost to license a car... Cost me $175 to renew my plates!!
Old 03-25-2008, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lason
Yup, for some reason whatever happens in Cali trickles down. I dont think anyone ever gets it as bad as they do but it still makes it ways down. I still dont understand why its just that one state that is so damn "green" though.
we have too many tree huggers. they ruine the state.

Its those idiots that push for these "additives" in our gas. These "additives" that they claim make the car run cleaner just push up our prices, and actually make the car get lower gas mileage. Yes, thats right, the car burns MORE fuel with these chemicals added. I have had conversations with these "environmentalists" and heres what they say:
Our goal with the added chemicals in the gas was to push gas prices up so high that it only made sense to find other means of transportation.
sorry to go off topic, but its these morons that push for smog checks, and want to take away our unrestricted muscle cars. I say chain them to their trees and see how long they live.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Staging Lane

How about Florida did away with emissions like 10 years ago. Can u Believe that. They say they are gonna bring it back and only vehicles newer than 96 has to meet the law. We'll see if that ever happens.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

I was the one who wrote that this crap will trickle down to all of us. If you in other states don't help us the next time we get a "green" Liberal in the White House the Feds will hold up highway funds until all you have the good smog check same as California.......this is an issue for all of us. Remember they said that a federal 55mph speed limit was unenforceable too, well the feds just held up the states highway funds until they complied with the will of Big Brother, this effects all of us not just Californians.

Help us all if that happens.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:31 PM
LS1Tech Editor

I've sent out a simple e-mail to all of the attached e-mail addys in the post, if anyone doesn't want to take the time to throw something on paper let me know. I'll send you mine as a template. Just PM me. We need to send these people as many e-mails, letters, voice messages as possible.

Thanks all

Quick Reply: California smog exemption under attack ..again