Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1(98) to LT1(97) Cluster Wiring.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1(98) to LT1(97) Cluster Wiring.....

Ok I think I might be loosing my mind or something. Below is a picture of the cluster connector from my 98 TA dash/cluster. In my research I found that its easier to swap in a 97 gauge cluster since the 98+ were all fed from the PCM. my problem is every pin out diagram ive read doesn't match up to the 98 cluster plug thats below. For instance theres suppose to be a white Tach wire at B13, My connector doesn't have anything at B13. the pink wire is in the wrong spot etc... I cant find a shop manual pin out for a 98, all I have to go on are these that Ive found on the web... anyone know whats up?

FYI, this is for a 98TA dash with a 97 cluster thats going into my 91 Z28....
Old 04-26-2008, 10:29 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

GM probably just re-arranged the wires between those years.
I don`t think I have pin-outs for the cluster, but I do have a wiring diagram for it...and it has the pins listed on the diagrams so that should help.
Attached Thumbnails LS1(98) to LT1(97) Cluster Wiring.....-instrument-1of-4.gif   LS1(98) to LT1(97) Cluster Wiring.....-instrument-2-4.gif   LS1(98) to LT1(97) Cluster Wiring.....-instrument-3-4.gif   LS1(98) to LT1(97) Cluster Wiring.....-instrument-4-4.gif  
Old 04-26-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thar helps but its still very very odd... my cluster/dash/wiring harness is a direct drop out so theres no way the harness was messed with. you can easily see in my pic that I dont even have a white wire for a tach or a red one for power or a solid dark green for coolant temp and those are just a few that I saw at a glance.... The white one really makes me wonder since thats almost always the TAch signal and the gauge harness doesnt even have one!?

Im re-pinning the harness now and rearranging the pins to match the one you posted above. im having to use different colors but atleast they are in the right spot....

Quick Reply: LS1(98) to LT1(97) Cluster Wiring.....