Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The beast is finally back on the road with LS Power this time!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The beast is finally back on the road with LS Power this time!!

These are some pictures I just took while I was out and about. Let me know what you think. Suggestions and questions are welcomed!

Old 06-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Launching!

give me some feedback on what you guys think.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

all business... i like that. i would remove the big cowl hood and add some rusty steelies with inconspicuously wide tires.. but that's just me
Old 06-30-2008, 06:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love 3rd gens, that's awesome! Bet with it looking like that you will get to kill way more Honda's than the clean looking cars out there. And those guys will be really perplexed.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, the computer does not looks any good in there. It would be better to have it behind the firewall. That's the only thing I don't like.

About the paint, leave it like that, so none will have a clue about the *** kick they'll receive. he he.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lowerthanyou00
stop being lazy as **** and put the computer somewhere sensible, it looks like **** with a bunch of aluminum brackets bolted down the the fender

If you want to be a **** head and talk **** get the **** out! The harness wont allow it to go any further. My plan is to put it under the battery tray. Just hadn't had the chance. Paint will come last. Next priority is to get interior done. It's only been running about 4 weeks now. Hadn't had much time to mess with it. I'm a student in electrical engineering so I don't get much free time. Otherwise keep the ideas coming just try not to be an *** like lowerthanyou00.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 1987earthquake
If you want to be a **** head and talk **** get the **** out! The harness wont allow it to go any further. My plan is to put it under the battery tray. Just hadn't had the chance. Paint will come last. Next priority is to get interior done. It's only been running about 4 weeks now. Hadn't had much time to mess with it. I'm a student in electrical engineering so I don't get much free time. Otherwise keep the ideas coming just try not to be an *** like lowerthanyou00.
I'm a mechanical eng. student and there's another engineering student on here also doing a conversion, don't know about you but despite the studies I always manage to find time for the car

Again I like the look of it in all honesty I might not even paint it if it were mine.. definitely a sleeper for sure (ignoring the hood!)
Old 07-01-2008, 02:41 AM
On The Tree

Looking good "1987earthquake"......
Couple of questions if you dont mind.
1. What year is the car ?
2. What K-memeber did you use and did you have issues with the coils hitting the 3rd gen HVAC box.
3. looks like you reused the 3rd gen radiator. What hoses where you able to use. I like your setup. Manuf and Part # would be great.
4. Did u use all of the LS1 accessories or did you leave any othem off.
I also like ur cone filter.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good job doing the conversion!

The thing I'd change is the radiator hose, move it under the filter.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LSfan70s
Yeah, the computer does not looks any good in there. It would be better to have it behind the firewall. That's the only thing I don't like.
A more observant person would notice that he's running a truck harness, which puts the PCM up front unlike an F-body harness. Considerably more work and wire extension involved to get the PCM on these back to the firewall.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by frojoe
I'm a mechanical eng. student and there's another engineering student on here also doing a conversion, don't know about you but despite the studies I always manage to find time for the car

Again I like the look of it in all honesty I might not even paint it if it were mine.. definitely a sleeper for sure (ignoring the hood!)

Yeah you probably don't work 30 hrs a week on top of that. And electrical is far more demanding as far as time. Sometimes I don't make it home till 3 AM.

Thanks for the compliment tho! Keep em comin. Paint will come later. I'm one of those who can't stand to have a nice paint job and shitty interior. Starting inside workin to the outside.

Last edited by 1987earthquake; 07-01-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by screaminChick-n
Looking good "1987earthquake"......
Couple of questions if you dont mind.
1. What year is the car ?
2. What K-memeber did you use and did you have issues with the coils hitting the 3rd gen HVAC box.
The back one did. I just took the bottom screw out and turned it a little to clear. Stock k-member
3. looks like you reused the 3rd gen radiator. What hoses where you able to use. I like your setup. Manuf and Part # would be great.
Top hose is the upper truck hose. want to get one that doesn't sit up on top of the radiator support just hadn't yet. Lower hose is a ls1 car hose. Don't have the part # on hand.. heater hoses are just some cut to length. steam tube is from the truck just put a nipple in the heater hose nipple coming off the radiator.
4. Did u use all of the LS1 accessories or did you leave any othem off.
I also like ur cone filter.
I used truck crank water pump alternator and tensioner. made an alternator bracket and found the belt I needed.

Cone filter is from autozone universal spectre $25
Old 07-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by crainholio
A more observant person would notice that he's running a truck harness, which puts the PCM up front unlike an F-body harness. Considerably more work and wire extension involved to get the PCM on these back to the firewall.
Thanks for the backup there.. As he said It would be hell putting it behind the firewall
Old 07-01-2008, 01:33 PM
11 Second Club

I like it. Needs some draglites or pro stars though. jk lol
Old 07-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

I dont know if i would put the pcm under the battery. unless you have a gel amt battery that cant leak. if the battery does leak on the pcm harness bad news just a thought. cool swap. paint it flat black. and i see that you dont hac a/c you could gut the suit case and put the pcm inside of it with some vent holes?
Old 07-01-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

Looks pretty good. only think im concerned with is the PCM. can you move it farther away from the exh manifold/header on that side? Being as close as it is might cause some problems down the road. Other than that...keep goin with this thing!!
Old 07-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by brownz
I dont know if i would put the pcm under the battery. unless you have a gel amt battery that cant leak. if the battery does leak on the pcm harness bad news just a thought. cool swap. paint it flat black. and i see that you dont hac a/c you could gut the suit case and put the pcm inside of it with some vent holes?

When I said under the battery tray. I meant the one on the driver's side, which would be under the fuse box. As far as ac, I plan on putting full accessories on it. I'm looking to get s&p's setup with high mount compressor, but it will be after I do some other things first. Paint job I'm looking at is gonna be a one-off job. My buddy owns a custom paint shop. As soon as I get the interior done I'll step to that. Don't really want to reveal paint secrets but it will be a crazy scheme. Hopefully I can get my buddy some out of town jobs after this one. He's done quite a few custom jobs already. He's really good at what he does. I will say my car will have graphics in it tho...
Old 07-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SMAX
I like it. Needs some draglites or pro stars though. jk lol
Actually looking into the new billet specialty wheels, but my second choice is draglites
Old 07-01-2008, 04:33 PM
11 Second Club

Everything looks good with Weld's.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Launching!

These are a few different wheels I'm looking at. let me know what you think. If someone can photoshop the wheels on my car that would be awesome. Then I can get a better perspective of what they look like.

billet specialties
http://www.billetspecialties.com/ite...d=251&pid=1009

centerlines
http://www.centerlinewheels.com/whee...d=34&sw_id=679

Welds
http://www.weldracing.com/wheels/det...loy%20Polished

Quick Reply: The beast is finally back on the road with LS Power this time!!