Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slave cylinder fitting

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slave cylinder fitting

Hi, I'm in need of replacing the OEM slave cylinder quick disconnect with something that I can adapt to a AN fitting. I'm not talking about the connector at the slave itself that requires taking things apart.

I found in another thread that this fitting should work.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...0&autoview=sku

Can anyone confirm PLEASE? Can't wait to get this sucker back on the road.

Thanks
Old 08-05-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Try a seach.. there are many threads about this subject, but here.. start with this one!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...clutch+fitting
Old 08-05-2008, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

already went through that one... The fittings discussed there look like they belong at the master (which I don't have) or at the slave (which I can't see). both look like they use the roll pin to keep them in place.

The fitting I'm referencing is the one on the outside of the bellhousing, which has a plastic clip holding it in place.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 99c5vert
already went through that one... The fittings discussed there look like they belong at the master (which I don't have) or at the slave (which I can't see). both look like they use the roll pin to keep them in place.

The fitting I'm referencing is the one on the outside of the bellhousing, which has a plastic clip holding it in place.
That's a quick disconnect fitting you're talking about. The clutch line is made onto it. Hinson Super Cars sells a -3 braided line that uses the adapter to connect to the master cylinder.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok.. I understand what your trying to do now.. No.. I don't think that one you listed will work.. per the description, it only comes in -6 and -8... and is used for fuel, water, or oil systems. I don't think these are made to handle Brake fluild or the pressure. I think you would also have to use the male adapter as a system and/or that the female one may not be configured for the GM Clutch QD configuration.

As LS1MCSS stated.. the Hinson one maybe your closest bet to a ready built unit.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

I got the slave fitting with a -3 adapter on the end of it from summit racing....from what I can remember I think its the same as the fitting on the master end...
Old 08-07-2008, 11:00 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You can adapt the slave to work with this fitting, but you are going to have to dissassemble the trans/ slave to install this and there is no getting around it.....

http://russell.carshopinc.com/produc.../102037/640281

At that point you have become a -3 fitting and the sky is the limit to your configuration...

Quick Reply: slave cylinder fitting