Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nelson's performance harness or speartech??

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nelson's performance harness or speartech??

i am going to buy a whole new harness now, lt1350.com F*%#$ed mine up. im done messing with it. i like the nelson's harness. it is very clean and routes the computer to the back of the motor. all loomed and only has the connectors i need. i dont know alot about speartech. are there harnesses clean looking or do they follow the factory truck harness path on top of the intake?? i hate that look, and i might want to go with a new intake one day.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pretty sure Speartech will set it up however you need it routed.
Most custom harness companies will make it to your specs, not just 1 way.

If you look under speartech's custom powertrain wiring harness section, you will see an example of a truck harness, and it is routed on the sides of the intake, not down the center.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Speartech, I do believe John was an engineer at GM and thats what he did for 25 yrs. for them was electronics. Good luck
Old 08-12-2008, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Talking

i called and talked to John at speartech, he was more than willing to run a few extra wires for my lokar shifter and transfercase stuff. nelson's said that i would have to run my own, that they make it one size and that is it. so speartech is the only one that sounds truely "custom" to me. nelson's can kiss my ***, John will get my money as soon as i come up with it
Old 08-12-2008, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up

I've had to contact John (at Speartech) AT LEAST three or four times with questions about my build* & he has ALWAYS unfailingly been polite & helpful, even though he didn't know me from Adam, & had no way of knowing whether I could become a customer, or if I was just wasting his time.

I truly don't mean any offense to anyone else, but John is the ONLY one who I'll be sending my ECM to, & if I need anything done with my harness, he's the only one I'll be calling. Thanks John, I truly do appreciate your help.

As you can likely tell, I think you've made the right choice...

*(I honestly hate to keep bugging him, but it seems like he's the only person who has any kind of clue about this engine...)

Quick Reply: nelson's performance harness or speartech??