Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help LS1 into 71 cutty

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help LS1 into 71 cutty

Not sure if this topic is out there I'm new here. Just got the motor and gonna drop it in soon. Just wanna know what things are gonna have to be modified to make it fit. Can someone help me out?
Old 08-19-2008, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

See sig link for some pointers

How serious are you wanting to go? Stock conversion, mild performance or a serious build?

Check some of the other A-body threads on here, search "Chevelle swap"

All the crap you hear about Oldsmobiles using offset mounting positions is a crock, the only difference between Chevelles and BOP's is the frame mounts. Good luck.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:36 AM
Teching In

just a stock conversion for now. I read your thread car looks great. What are the motor mounts you use out of?
Old 08-20-2008, 08:48 AM
11 Second Club

Im using Trans-dapt BOP to SBC frame mounts and TD LSx swap mounts. When you do this you must change the oil pan to one of the following: LH8 pan, modified F-body pan or aftermarket swap pan. I went with the Champ Pans LSx to F/X/A body pan for a few reasons: 1) Oil capacity; the modified pan gives up capacity for size, the LH8 pan is too deep for my application, it could bottom out. The champ pan is 7qt and baffled. 2) The Champ pan is set up just like the OEM with filter on the pan. 3) Ground clearance, the pan sits up behind the crossmember, easing my mind with my lowered car. Those are the too main things to get the motor in the chassis, a little bit of wiring, driveshaft, fuel system and you should be good to go.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ridenlow71..... Shouldn't be too much different from any of the other A-body Swaps..

My project is in my Sig to the Cardomain site..

As ryanvv355 said.. just pickup some SBC engine frame stands or just build your own.

Quick Reply: Need help LS1 into 71 cutty