Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do with fuel tank pressure sens.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do with fuel tank pressure sens.

Ok me and a buddy finally wrapped up my 98 LS1 swap into a 95 Z and i've slowly started to work out alot of the bugs. I got my car scanned and naturally i'm having codes for the missing EGR and AIR. One of the things we really didnt know what to with/place is the fuel tank pressure sensor on the 98 fuel pump. Where does this fit into the 95 side wiring? Or is this something that can be tuned out? any help here would be rockin'
Old 09-10-2008, 04:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It can be tuned out if your not using your HVAP valve/solenoid... The F-Body HVAP system will purge out the fuel tank vapor, with inputs from both the Fuel level and the pressure to the PCM, and the PCM will triger the HVAP solenoid. You might want to check your FSM to see what is used on the 95 Z, is it a Charcoal Canister ?

Not sure what you need to pass SMOG, but in California, we would have to have both those inputs and the HVAP working to pass the visual test and ODBII scan.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bczee
It can be tuned out if your not using your HVAP valve/solenoid... The F-Body HVAP system will purge out the fuel tank vapor, with inputs from both the Fuel level and the pressure to the PCM, and the PCM will triger the HVAP solenoid. You might want to check your FSM to see what is used on the 95 Z, is it a Charcoal Canister ?

Not sure what you need to pass SMOG, but in California, we would have to have both those inputs and the HVAP working to pass the visual test and ODBII scan.

I'm not sure if what it is really... but i know emmissions arent as tough in Texas as they are in California