Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0L in 240sx

Old 09-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 6.0L in 240sx

Ok guys I got my Iron 6.0L from a chev truck yesterday. It is going into a 240sx. I have evrything worked out except for one issue. The alternator is on the driverside op of the motor out of the trucks, I dont think this will allow my hood to clear. My qestion is, is there a relocation for the trucks alternator or can I use stock LS1 brackets to move the alternator to the pass side bottom of the block, I am not going ot have AC so I have some room on the pass side. Is this Possible? OR do I need all LS1 f body acc brackets to do this.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Teching In

awesome project... not to sure about the alternator brackets, i know this is gonna be a great swap, you should get some pics on here i cant wait to see the project.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Staging Lane

I will once I get this alternator bracket thing taken care of. Figures something stupid gets in the way
Old 09-16-2008, 11:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to source either the GTO or the F-body accessories. When you switch to the car intake there is an idler pulley in the way of the throttle body. Also the truck accessories are spaced further away from the block and might cause you some clearance problems. You will definitely be better off with the car accessories. I think you can get the complete front accessory drive from Scoggin Dickey for about $800.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

If the alternator fits your hood Speartech sells a idler pulley relocation bracket so you can use the LS1/2/3/6 car style manifold. Injector plug-ins could be an issue if swaping to the car style manifold if using the factory harness. I believe later years are the same plug style.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

thanks guys, i was hoping i could just swap all that crap over. as far as I know the inj connection are the same if i stay with ls1 style inj. someone correct me if I am wrong. I trying to find someone parting out an fbody to get the acc brackets.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Juicemonkey
thanks guys, i was hoping i could just swap all that crap over. as far as I know the inj connection are the same if i stay with ls1 style inj. someone correct me if I am wrong. I trying to find someone parting out an fbody to get the acc brackets.
Street and Performance has an injector plug photo page to help out for the trucks. Speartech could probably tell you for sure. Shouldn't be hard to swap the plug over to another style if you had to.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Juicemonkey
Ok guys I got my Iron 6.0L from a chev truck yesterday. It is going into a 240sx. I have evrything worked out except for one issue. The alternator is on the driverside op of the motor out of the trucks, I dont think this will allow my hood to clear. My qestion is, is there a relocation for the trucks alternator or can I use stock LS1 brackets to move the alternator to the pass side bottom of the block, I am not going ot have AC so I have some room on the pass side. Is this Possible? OR do I need all LS1 f body acc brackets to do this.
use the f body accessories ,water pump,alt , oil pan and you will be fine thats what us rx7 guys use.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

keep us posted, Ill definitely be watching this. im trying to get a 93 240 right now, just gotta get the cash, that im seriously contemplating doing either a 4.8 or 5.3 swap in. im just trying to figure out how budget I can do it. what years youres car??
Old 09-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

thank you overkill

mines a 91 hatch, wish I had could find a clean RX7 roller but the 240 will do. had it for 10 years, had a 500 plus whp ka-t in it till now, trapped at the track at 125mph but we always want more! I got the 6.0 apart just trying to find the accesorys, I figure I can well surpase my old setup with this LQ9 and boost. If you do get a 240 dont worry bout the rear end, they are as close to bomb proof as you can get import wise. the stock 4.08 is gonna suck so swap in a Q45 diff and J30 axles if its a S-13 you buy. they came with 3.54 and 3.69 I got the 3.69 in my car now, love it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6.0L in 240sx