Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring help pls? (clutch switch, and A/C signal)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 02:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring help pls? (clutch switch, and A/C signal)

Hello again to all, I got my LS1 powered Volvo wagon running, thanks for all your help with my tach, and coolant temperature gauge issue, I have two last problems that I need to solve, and I have a question about the clutch switch input to the ECU, and the a/c request signal to the ECU.The first one is the clutch switch signal (connector 1 pin 32 GRY wire), the switch on the clutch pedal on the camaro, is that grounded when the clutch is pushed down, or when the clutch pedal is released? I do not know, and I need to get some sort of a switch so the GM ECM has that input. The second question is about the a/c so the a/c request signal to the ECU, (connector 2, pin 17, DK GRN/WHT wire)what does the ecu want to see there in terms of a signal? to turn on the a/c, fans etc, I look at the diagram, and Im assuming that it wants 12V there. I know that import cars usually look for a ground, Id like to know as I dont want the wrong signal sent there and may damage the ECU. Thanks in advance for your help.

Ivan
Old 09-18-2008, 12:44 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The A/C request wire is looking for +12v when the A/C is switched on.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just what I was looking for G-Body.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:20 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Check here for the clutch switch https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....11&postcount=2
Old 09-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Teching In

I'm right in the exact point that you're talking about and hooking up the grn/wht wire does not do anything to turn on a/c-but turn off the a/c it works-I was told that the G-body switch is needing a ground and everything should work correctly.Please correct me if my info is incorrect.

Quick Reply: wiring help pls? (clutch switch, and A/C signal)