Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuck master cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 02:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stuck master cylinder

I am doing an ls1 in a fox and my master cylinder is stuck..

I got the master cyl used from a friend that ordered 1 and for some reason he had gotten 2 (both used). I am not sure if something was wrong with it when he got it but I have it all hooked up and it does NOT push once its bled. With no fluid in it just pushing on the assembly it moves perfeclty fine.. but with fluid it is like pushing a 400lb chick on Rhino liner while she sleeps..

Is this a common problem witha bad master? It is a tilton btw.

Also when I loosen the bleeder screw on the master it pushes fluid out fine.. then back to stuck.

Last edited by Slow5.0.; 09-19-2008 at 02:47 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you replace the slave cylinder? If its pushing fluid through the bleeder, but going rock hard with the bleeder closed, Ide say the master is fine, but the slave is frozen.

If you disconnect the master cylinder from the slave, you shouldnt be able to push the pedal down. Thats the sign of a GOOD master cylinder.

Being rock hard, assuming you have the master plugged fully into the slave, I would say either the slave is frozen or something is goofed with the clutch.

J.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree something is probably messed up after the slave

I checked the master/slave before installing and it was fine.. what exactly could cause a slave not to push? I would think i installed everything correctly but **** happens.

Quick Reply: Stuck master cylinder