Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mustang ecu mount problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default mustang ecu mount problem!!!

im a little pist. i have checked how people are mounting their ecu-s and i even made a nice little mount. but when i was seeing how long my harness was i accidently had the connectors backward. so now my harness wont reach the ecu where i mounted it.

so here's my question. fox body guys, how have you mounted your ecu-s?

i would like to mount it in the kick panel but i will not lenghten my harness and it wont quite reach there. the reason i wont lenghten it is this car is really just a beater to play with, my last project took 3 years and i just want a toy. so i dont care that much if its pretty, i just want function.

so if anyone has pictures and details of a way to mount the pcm in a safe manor, that is pretty easy to do please shed some light on this for me.

and on another note, i couldnt find any info on wires in the mustang that need to be hooked up for power. is it just the wires on the back of the alt. and the ones that went to the solenoid? and can't i just get rid ofthe ford solenoid and run the start wire right to the purple chevy start wire? thanks.
Attached Thumbnails mustang ecu mount problem!!!-cpu.jpg  
Old 09-25-2008, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that was one of the hardest decisions i made. i wanted it under the passenger fender but the PCM was too big. i was going to mount it in front of the strut tower like your pic but it was not a clean look.

i put it in the dash above the evap case, it goes through the factory harness location and is the cleanest location i could do. i tried the location of the factory ford PCM but there was not enough room.

as far as the starter you can use the ford solenoid going the the 'purple' GM starter wire.

good luck, its a fun swap.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is there room over the evap case? i dont want to lose my heat.

and how did you mount it? is there anything to tie it down to?

Quick Reply: mustang ecu mount problem!!!