Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any body use Current Performance Wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any body use Current Performance Wiring?

Their harnesses appear to be more complete than others. I am basically looking for a plug and play type situation for my LS1 into 66 Skylark swap. Any one with any experience with them?
Old 09-26-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm on my third harness from them. The workmanship has been good. It looked just like the factory harness and had all GM connectors. My harnesses have mainly been conversion harness' fo S10s. I havent tried a harness for a classic yet. I have a 70 GTO in the works right now getting a 6.0? We'll see.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

They are who I am considering as the other main vendor wouldn't respond to my e-mail questions.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used a conversion fuse/relay box for my LT1 and I have a full harness for my LY6. I highly recommend them. Good documentation, factory components, great value.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:41 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the information guys. They are on the expensive side but it appears that they have what I want. Current Performance it is. Good luck with your projects.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at it this way, you get what you pay for.....

I'm still waiting for my super bargain priced wiring harness to be finished... going on 3 months now

-jason
Old 09-27-2008, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We use them regularly since they are nearby. Always had good luck with customer service and the products. There has been an issue here and there, but never anything too crazy.

Jason, what's your project that you are waiting for this "bargain" harness for?
Old 09-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Never used any of their stuff, but I have only ever heard GOOD things about them.

I'm considering doing an LS3 Colorado, might need their help soon!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cacmanjr
Thanks for the information guys. They are on the expensive side but it appears that they have what I want. Current Performance it is. Good luck with your projects.

If they are on the expensive side, then who is less? I haven't found less for LS2 wiring yet.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for all the comments. There are harnesses out there for less. There is a company out there on the internet Chevy_tpi that is scary cheap. Anybody dealt with them?
Old 09-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the comments. There are harnesses out there for less. There is a company out there on the internet Chevy_tpi that is scary cheap. Anybody dealt with them?
Are you talking about the guy that uses that ID on Ebay?
If you are it should be Leonard Sparks, he runs the Chevy Thunder web site. I've known him through the internet for more then 10 years and always seemed like an above the board kind of guy. He has a bunch of swap info on his site. I think he still does the harnesses as a side line, so he doesn't have as much overhead, as guys like Jared do, that do this for a living. The first question I always ask is if they harness follows the factory color code. If it doesn't it makes it harder for outsiders to trouble shoot. They can save about 50% of the wire cost by using nonstandard, non-striped wiring. The next question is are all the connectors new. Connectors like the PCM connector, wouldn't bother me if they were reused, since all the contacts would be replaced anyway, but the plastic connectors age and get brittle, so even if you replaced the contacts, the latch could still break and come loose. Also some guys tape wrap the harness instead of using loom, which is another cost savings. Personally I prefer a tape wrapped harness in an old car since it seems more original. Others don't have any mounting clips to support the harness, all things that add money to the cost. By the way I just looked, Chevy_Tpi has 2 auctions on Ebay, for harnesses, each of them for $400, that doesn't sound scary cheap to me. Its not like they're plug and play modified harnesses, to fit something late model, they stand alone harnesses, with no emissions, of course he is throwing in a programmed PCM, but that's the smart thing to do, since it alleviates a lot of other issues.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

hey i have a current peformance wiring harness for sale right now lol on the cheap also.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:14 PM
11 Second Club

Default Harness

Thanks for the tips, Poconojoe. I didn't know what questions to ask. it seems to me that $400 with a pcm is real cheap because the others that I have seen range all the way over $800 for the harness and $450 or so for reprogramming your computer. $1250 vs. $400 seems cheap to me. I placed a bid. We will see what happens. If I win, I will post here once I receive the harness and computer.

Why did you not use the Current Performance Harness you have Crowder?
Old 09-28-2008, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

im going carb'd, blowthru setup. should be fun and different
Old 09-28-2008, 09:38 PM
11 Second Club

Crowder...Fun and different is right!.....Fast too! What are you asking for the harness and what features does it have?
Old 09-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Crowder...Fun and different is right!.....Fast too! What are you asking for the harness and what features does it have?
This is his for sale thread....
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...560&highlight=

Its a good price... I would buy it, but the main harness length to the ECU is not long enough for my build....maybe it will work for you....

Quick Reply: Any body use Current Performance Wiring?