Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another dumbass noobie!

Old 09-29-2008, 03:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another dumbass noobie!

Just wanted to post up and introduce myself. I'm in the process of dropping in a carb'd LSx into my 04' Mustang. I've got alot of the parts already, just taking my time and checking the deals on here!

This site seems to have just about anything and everything a person would need. I've kinda bought stuff out of order a little. I bought a stock LS1 block, heads, and crank months ago, but never started on it. I just figured I would come across a better deal, and more cubes!

A list of what I have already bought.

Cam
Ported heads
Vic. Jr. intake
Holley 750 carb
msd coil box (laptop tunable)
coils
wideband
MagnaFuel pump with twin regulators
Edelbrock plate kit (up to 500hp)
.650 lift springs, titanium retainers, locks, Ferrea valves

I guess I am just waiting to find a deal on a shortblock, then work on the accessories and exhaust

My car, it's an 04' GT, all tubular front end, strange adj. shocks and struts, UPR uppers and lowers, solid 8.8 rear, 31 spline strange axles. Weld big & Lil's and I run 28x10.5 slicks most of the time. I've already been running a (M&M Racing) TH400, so that's one less thing to buy for the swap. It goes into the chassis shop for an 8.50 cert. cage this winter, or as soon as the chassis guy gets some **** out of the way??

Oh and I know quite a few guys on this site from around the midwest, so it's not like I don't have a ton of help picking and choosing what parts to buy!
Old 09-29-2008, 11:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what part of the midwest are you in ? that picture looks like gateway?
Old 09-29-2008, 01:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the site.. start a project thread so we can keep up with your doings !
Old 09-30-2008, 02:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by leonpiper69
what part of the midwest are you in ? that picture looks like gateway?
I'm in KC, and yes, that was WFC a coupel years ago. I was down there this year for the WSC, but had nitrious issues!

Perdieu and Jones were the only LSx cars running, other then another guy out of KC with a camaro. Perdieu made it to the finals, but broke way the hell out against the Cobra that took me out in the semi's!
Old 09-30-2008, 03:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bczee
Welcome to the site.. start a project thread so we can keep up with your doings !
Great idea, I started this about 3 months ago, but haven't really done much except sell the old motor and start buying up stuff for this build??

Once I actually get started, I'll get pics and details and start a thread. I've never been a dyno queen kinda guy, so this motor and set-up will be on the track more then anywhere else. For the most part, I just wanna run 10's on motor and then see what a 200 shot will do!!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Kinger.. If you can also use one of the free web hosting sites to create your project on.. I used Cardomain.com, but there are others also. You can be a little more flexable on useing HTML tags and Images on them. But if your just going to post pictures and text, on here is find as long as you don't mind the reply's, comments and questions along the way.

Many of us will put the link in the sig's... for others to follow.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bczee
Kinger.. If you can also use one of the free web hosting sites to create your project on.. I used Cardomain.com, but there are others also. You can be a little more flexable on useing HTML tags and Images on them. But if your just going to post pictures and text, on here is find as long as you don't mind the reply's, comments and questions along the way.

Many of us will put the link in the sig's... for others to follow.
Cool, I've got a few pic accounts and a homepage for it already, so once I get going and it all updated, I have it in my sig!
Old 10-15-2008, 05:13 AM
Teching In

Bought a 408 shortblock, new Weisco pistons, new Rods, all new valvetrain for the new L92 heads (that are being ported and a valve job done right now)

Had to switch from the Victor Jr. to the GMPP intake, the Victor doesn't line up with these heads.

Still need rockers, pushrods, lifters, etc.....

After that, it's just putting it all together, and finding out the little odds and ends I need. Figure out which converter I want? I'm thinking a little tighter since I plan on running on DR's!

A local racer has alternator/starter company, so that stuff is all taken care of. I'm still not sure how or if my interior guages will work, I still have my pcm in the car, but without running to a harness, I'm not sure it's gonna work well?? LOL

Search this Thread