LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Conversions & Swaps (https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps-28/)
-   -   Should I order from gmpartsdirect.com? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/1048357-should-i-order-gmpartsdirect-com.html)

robbied31 01-14-2009 02:16 PM

Should I order from gmpartsdirect.com?

Hello,
What is your guy's experience with this gmpartsdirect.com?
I was very happy to learn of an online place for gm parts [thanks alowerlevel] at. I have found all the parts that I need for my CTSv pan swap there. as I am getting ready to check out, they want me to agree to a possible 10 working day wait before all my parts even ship. Is this a good site to order parts from? Can I expect these guys to ship in a timely manner if they have the parts in stock? Or should I pay the extra and order from my local Chevy dealer?

Thank you for any input.

Rob

rao 01-14-2009 02:20 PM

Good service, crazy high shipping prices.

poconojoe 01-14-2009 02:24 PM

Other then, they were bad to return stuff to, even if it was their fault or defective, they have fair prices for most stuff. I haven't bought from them recently, I've found other places, that once you figure in their freight charges, are just as cheap or cheaper

NEGEN@SDPC 01-14-2009 02:26 PM

Parts

PM sent :nod:
Thanks

rao 01-14-2009 02:28 PM

I would certainly pick SDPC first :)

robbied31 01-14-2009 02:47 PM

Great,
Thanks for the info. What other sites do you guys order from?

Rob

ryanvv355 01-14-2009 03:37 PM

I go to the local dealer, get connections there and you will be all set

pist0lpete 01-14-2009 03:39 PM

If you can't find a hookup at the local dealer I would also recommend Scoggin Dickey

deuce4935 01-14-2009 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by poconojoe (Post 10847110)
Other then, they were bad to return stuff to, even if it was their fault or defective, they have fair prices for most stuff. I haven't bought from them recently, I've found other places, that once you figure in their freight charges, are just as cheap or cheaper

Once you order from GMPD, if you have a problem with a defective part, you can always take it back to your local GM dealership parts counter, because its still a genuine GM part and its warranted by all GM via its dealerships nationwide.

Sales2@Texas-speed 01-14-2009 04:45 PM

Their shipping and handling charges blow (speaking from a past customer stand-point)! What kind of parts are you looking to buy from them?

DGGM WX3 01-14-2009 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by deuce4935 (Post 10847937)
Once you order from GMPD, if you have a problem with a defective part, you can always take it back to your local GM dealership parts counter, because its still a genuine GM part and its warranted by all GM via its dealerships nationwide.

What if a part is not defective and you just want to return it? Can you do that at any dealership?

olblue51 01-14-2009 07:00 PM

I've used them many times and have been pleased with them. Even after their high shipping prices they usually still come out cheaper than other places. They did mess up my last order but fixed it with no problem.

But if your in a hurry, go somewhere else. Shipping isn't the fastest when it comes to special order parts from GMPD.

Scoggin Dickey is pretty close to their prices and they have excellent service. I use them if I have a small order. I would also use them for my high dollar orders too but I live in Texas and have to pay for sales tax. :bang:

waynehartwig 01-14-2009 07:07 PM

I just ordered up all of my F body oil pan parts from them. Cost was good, but they nailed me with $55 for shipping!! I didn't catch it until after I had already submitted the order, or I would have taken my biz license, etc down to my local dealer and just bought from them. My parts have already shipped and I placed the order Monday. So not bad....

poconojoe 01-14-2009 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by deuce4935 (Post 10847937)

Not when it was labeled wrong. I'm sure I could have worked something out with my local dealer, since they get a fair amount of money from me every year and the parts guy and service manager, get a free case of beer every once in a while, but thats not the point, why should it cost me more money, when it was their fault? They might have good prices, but their custormer service in the toilet. They're trying to run a business by selling strickly on price.

bonecrrusher 01-14-2009 08:32 PM

paceparts.com is where its at!

Pontiac dealership up in ohio, but they can order all GM part #s and there shipping prices dont ass rape you like gmpartsdirect!

robbied31 01-14-2009 09:58 PM

Thanks for all the info guys........
few more questions...

ryanvv355 & pist0lpete,
Are you able to get a break on the "list price" from your local "hookup"? gmpartsdirect prices were a hell of a lot cheaper, even if the shipping is high. Of course, if I could get those prices locally, I would be all over that!!!!

matt@texas speed,
I am just startin' out with my first swap, so I will be needing parts for months to come. to start I know I want a CTSv pan, LS1/LS6 intake [I am starting with an LQ4], F-Body water pump, F-Body Accessory kit. I still haven't finalized engine mounts, headers and everything else coming down the road.

I spent two years restoring a '64 convertible bug a couple years ago and when I found out who I could rely on for parts, it was all about price and quick shipping from then on.

I would still like to hear about more options too.

Oh yeah, I have my parts list into Scoggin Dickey. Hoping they have it all in stock.

Thanks

Rob

alocker 01-14-2009 10:18 PM

I have had good luck with Karl Chevrolet. Prices and shipping are very reasonable.

ryanvv355 01-15-2009 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by robbied31 (Post 10850224)
Thanks for all the info guys........
few more questions...

ryanvv355 & pist0lpete,
Are you able to get a break on the "list price" from your local "hookup"? gmpartsdirect prices were a hell of a lot cheaper, even if the shipping is high. Of course, if I could get those prices locally, I would be all over that!!!!

To be honest I never really compared prices one for one with GMPD vs prices I've paid at the stealership. I do know It is close to Rock Autos prices. I use them to base "good deal prices"

NEGEN@SDPC 01-15-2009 03:53 PM

Parts

Hey Rob thanks for the order :nod:

LS1MCSS 01-16-2009 06:06 AM

I have actually used gmpartsdirect to find the correct p/n that I needed and then ordered the parts from SDPC.