Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some opinions on transmission

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 12:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some opinions

Ok i am starting a ls1 rx-7 swap project in mid november.I am sending the car to hinson supercars in alabama and i am trying to decide what transmission i should go with.I need opinions on which would be better for the longevity of the car and the rear end.I honestly wouldn't mind the A4 simply for daily driving in traffic,However i honestly would love to have the sheer thrill of slamming 2nd in the T-56.SO basicly i am looking for opinions on both and what would any of you decide if you were doing the same project.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Default Re: I need some opinions

I had a 6-speed, if you plan on driving the car a lot around town and not really getting HEAVILY involved in drag racing I say get it......it will be the best thing ever.....

If you plan on being at the track a lot and want a consistent car to run with go with the A4, and the A4 is better in traffic too if you really don't want to ride the clutch..

The decision is up to you....
Old 10-15-2003, 01:43 AM
Teching In

Now if i dind't plan on racing it then i jsut wouldn't be your average 20 yr old guy with a V8 lol.On a serious note though i do plan on using it for track purposes and some others so thats why i am thinking about the A4 more and more it will help me stay consistent in my times.Plus from what i understand with the help of a TQ i should be just fine on the street to.I want the T-56 but i just haven't driven a stick in so long it would take some time to get used to again and alot more to get my timing down again before i raced it.I am just in the middle at the moment trying to decide.My buddy nick has the A4 and i haven't heard em complain about it once,sometimes it is nice to just cruise.Oh hell i don't know what i want lol thanks for the input though.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've owned an a4 ls1 before....and they're the ****. But this time around when I buy my next one, I'm getting an M6. I just love the feeling of shifting gears. The a4 is great, and you are right, once you get a good TC, and some tires to help put that power to the pavement, its a great combo. The M6 has the top end, and the street racing advantage hands down however. Depends on what you wanna do with the car pretty much. And with a good pcm tune, most any car can be made decent for every day driving.....heck 231/237 tsp cars are now daily drivers lol. Same with G5X2. As long as you stay at or under 3800 stall you'll stay streetable. Just my .02.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:53 AM
Teching In

Well i am just wanting a nice street car.Not really trying to be king **** but i am wanting to build it for mid to low 11's and i want it to be consistent that is why i am considering the A4 over the T-56.This project won't be getting off the ground until mid novemeber so i just want to do all my homework early.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:54 PM
Launching!

i guess you need to ask yourself what are you going to be doing the most with the car. if its the strip 50% of the time and daily driver the other 50% then do the a4. if you're gonna be on the track a few times a year do the m6. m6 is funner in my opinion. if i was gonna drag all the time, however, id go for the a4. obviously.