Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts you found out you didn't need for your swap afer you bought them?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha this is great really.... When sticking my lt1 into my 944 turbo. I bought the motor used and in pieces. Not knowing the year of the motor. I purchased numerous parts like timing covers, intakes, fuel rails, just to get it all to match up. After putting the motor in the car I was laying in bed one night and couldnt remember ever buying a reluctor wheel for the crank pos sensor. After confirming it was not there i had to remove the timing cover again and install the reluctor wheel. Well the crank was out of a early 90's which didnt use a crank sensor. So there was no keyway in the crank for the reluctor wheel to ride on. So time to remove timing chain and gears. Well it never ended. Ive got a bucket of extra stuff that just isnt needed. I also sold a few stock porsche parts just to find out that i needed certain items off of the item I sold. A perfect example was I sold the factory brake booster because i knew it was going to be use because it no longer fits well i ended up needed to bracket that the booster was bolted to. so i had to purchase a used booster just to get the bracket and im pretty sure the one i bought was more expensive than the one i sold. Best part was spending a small fortune on interior before running out of money to get it to run......no excuse there.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Universal engine mounts, way to much large grade 8 hardware, stock ls1 fuel rail and intake[decided on super vic and aeromotive rails]

Luckily my brother bought a miata that will take advantage of my parts!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:21 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a set of headers that I couldnt use. Also bought some motor mount plates that I ended up not useing (made my own to move the engine further back) A universal trans crosmember. (I ended up using a few parts of it combined with the stock xmember) I also had a few left over AN fittings & lines that I didnt use.

Quick Reply: Parts you found out you didn't need for your swap afer you bought them?