Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 ly6 in a 2000 Sonoma

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea feels like I put the base airflow too hight causing the throttle to stick open or something. Ill have to keep working on it.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tiresmokinV8
Yea feels like I put the base airflow too hight causing the throttle to stick open or something. Ill have to keep working on it.
There ya go couldn't think of the table.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep found a write up and scanner file on how to scan for how much base airflow the engine wants at the lower rpm to idle so got that dialed in and worked on maf cal for fuel trims. Its not bad dips a bit low when pushing in the clutch to come to a stop but hasnt stalled and recovers on its own.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkciBB_b-98

Special thanks to My brother for all his help, Friend that works at a autoparts store for discount on parts, My cousin for the Summit gift card, and CPW, TSP and TDP for the top notch parts and great customer service
Old 08-15-2011, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well changed a setting on the wheel speed output and now the speedometer and odometer read correctly according to my gps but the scanner still shows 158mph at all times? Isnt the scanner pulling raw data? how can the scanner be off but the gauge be correct?
Old 08-16-2011, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Took an 80mile cruise tonight to the dragstrip to watch buddies race. Truck did well. I love the 6th gear just purrs along a 1600 rpms @65mph. Through that map code once on the way there, p0106. Not sure what causes it. Map hits 98kpa and bam throws a code and shuts off the pedal. I turned off the diagnostic test for it and didnt have a problem on the way back.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds really good!! Kinda makes me wish I had put a cam in mine right away.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Got on it a little in 4th today on the way home when I wass going under a bridge and that map/maf throttle correlation code popped up again good thing I had my laptop and tuners components with me or Id be screwed. Thats next on the thing to get figured out.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a guy in a New style ram with a cummins diesel and atleast a chip and exhuast since it was spewing black smoke, try to race me. I had him by a good 3 cars by the middle of 2nd and I just kept going until the end of 3rd. It was brutal, I was happy. Also built a airbox for the filter out of cardboard for now and my intake temps while cruising atleast 45mph were 81* and its currently 74* out. When sitting at lights it does creep up to 130's slowly but comes back down when I start moving so Im happy with that.

On a not so good note my clutch master cylinder has developed a leak into the cab where the rod goes into the master. Idk if its from over extending it or something when it was bottoming out in the cylinder instead of the carpet before I adjusted it last week or something tore the seal. But Ill have to replace that before I leave for camping on friday.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 605 Likes on 481 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Thanks for the update. I've been checking every couple of days.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Sorry...what kind of mufflers are you running ?...it sounds amazing
Old 08-29-2011, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
Thanks for the update. I've been checking every couple of days.
Sorry I've been neglecting this thread since Ive been spending most of my time on the s10 site I belong to.

Originally Posted by svaras
Sorry...what kind of mufflers are you running ?...it sounds amazing
Spintech Prostreets, I picked up some Spintech Sportsmans that Ill be swapping out since the Prostreets are just too loud for my area and because I go to work at midnights. I do want to get a better vid before I swap them out though, It does sounds amazing.

Heres the last big update that I posted on my other forum.

"Well got a little over 350 miles on it so far and so far so good. Other then that map code problem which is solved and yesterday I adjusted the clutch rod so the pedal bottoms out on the floor instead of the master cylinder, while doing that I noticed the master cylinder was loose from the firewall so I tightened that back down really good. Other then those 2 "problems" everythings been fine. Been working on the tune and its getting buttery smooth. Need to work on the low throttle low rpm bucking I get while cruising in parkinglots in 2nd going around 15mph. Its very annoying and would like to get it solved for next weekend when I'll be doing a lot of slow driving through a state park. Using it as a truck over laborday weekend for the annual camping trip a bunch of my buddies and I go on. Well see how the new setup likes being loaded up with wood, camping gear and a trailer for the 75 mile trek out to the country. The sewing machine sound gets some getting used to and I think I got the hot start, starting problem worked out or atleast its getting better."

and then...

"Even with how loud the truck is Im surprised that its pretty much dead silent on the highway, actually quieter then the 4.3 with these mufflers were on the highway. 6th gear is awesome. Sewing machine either dies down some after it warms up or I end up turning up the radio either way I never seem to notice it after a while of driving."

Thats the updates...
Old 09-05-2011, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got back from my trip and everything went well. Towed like nothing was there which is a difference from the 4.3 and with the 4.3 I had to keep the auto in 3rd for most of the trip thats on up and down windy roads. Now I was able to keep it in 6th and drop to 5th on the larger hills. I planned on taking pics of the towing setup and a few from lookouts and other scenary out there but completely forgot. Had a lot of fellow campers ask about my truck seemed like every time I walked to it someone was coming up to me to ask about it so that was fun. I did find out one thing about the hot start, If I just turn the key on and let the pump prime until it shuts off itll start up after a sec or so of cranking so maybe my fuel pump is getting weak.

We did find a straight piece of road to make a little video for you guys, Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et_ex...el_video_title
Old 09-05-2011, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice vid man!!!

Did you ever figure out the gas gauge deal? I'm still tryin to figure mine out. At least it does function now just backwards though... Haha
Old 09-05-2011, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Petro, Never even looked into the gass gauge just figured that reading backwards is how it is and will be. Gas gauge works off a range of voltage and the ecu just reads thoughs voltages backwards from our original. Once I get a manual trans cluster Ill remove the low fuel bulb and just live with it I guess. Probably get a custom overlay that you've posted in your thread and have them reverse the gas gauge layout.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah it reads ohms from 0-250 but I dunno why it thinks backwards. GM pretty much has that as a set standard. That custom gauge overlay is a great idea. And blackcat can do anything you want. I wish my custom cluster theory would work... But since it doesn't it makes me think that it's something in the cluster contributing to the gas gauge malfunction and speedo signal convertor not functioning properly. I'm just gonna keep hacking away at it til I'm satisfied theres no options...

What OS do you have again? I wonder if that adds to it or not? I know these ECMs are newer than our trucks but should still read the ohms the same across the board. I've searched for other swaps in general that have this issue and haven't found a thing.

Last edited by Petraszewsky; 09-05-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

'10 e67 from a zr1
OS 12635857
Ecu 12633264
Old 09-07-2011, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I installed the quieter Spintech Sportsman mufflers, Working on a before and after vid of cold start up, some revs, warm idle, cruising and wot both with the windows open and closed. And Ill do it again after a few days of driving to see if the sound does change or not after a "Break in", its controversal that chambered mufflers break in or not since theres nothing there to break in but Ive always noticed a difference in sound between brand new and after maybe 50 or more miles. And a heads up, Video is pretty shaky since Im trying to hold a camcorder focused on the gauge cluster while steering and shifting. Takes skills.

Well time for bed.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

New Spintech Sportsman are installed, Theyre a bit larger.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I can go to 2 truck shows this weekend if I have time depending on work, Summits truckfest on sat and StylinConcepts high n low truck show on sun. Hoping to make it to both, Ill take pics if I do. Need to get my airbox and ecu mount finished by the weekend then too. Decided to f it on finding a cluster with the same-ish mileage as mine so Ill just find one thats cheap to hold me over since I have 2 yrs before having to go to echeck and give them the mileage. I want to throw the et streets on sometime and drive around to see how I like it. HEHE
Old 09-13-2011, 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by tiresmokinV8
We did find a straight piece of road to make a little video for you guys, Enjoy
I am going to have to clean the keyboard after that video. AWESOME. Did you ever loop back with TSP for the tune or did you finish it out yourself?

Quick Reply: 08 ly6 in a 2000 Sonoma