Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best oil pan for an LS1 into 70 Chevelle???

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Procharger those pictures are quite helpful , Thanks. Question how close are those Headers to the back of the cross member and how low do they hang in relationship to the to the cross member ?

Thanks, Tony
Old 01-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmcmillan5
Procharger those pictures are quite helpful , Thanks. Question how close are those Headers to the back of the cross member and how low do they hang in relationship to the to the cross member ?

Thanks, Tony
The BRP/Headman 1 7/8" to 2" stepped headers look and fit absolutely perfect...as long as you put the engine in the perfect height and front/rear placement.
with the Retro oil pan I cut the tubes off the BRP series 2 plates, bolted the plates to crossmember, bolted the tube to the engine mount and put engine/headers in and marked where the tubes needed welded to the plate based on headers/oil pan/steering.

Three pictures in final position
Pass side tube over motor mount is 1/2" to 3/4"
Pass side tube to crossmember is 3/4" ( see farthest inner tube is closest)
Pass side to control arm 3/4

Three pictures in mock up car show tube to crossmember height comparison, I ended up tilting back a little more in the final installation but that only lowered the rear of the collector and not the height of the tubes.

Hope it helps you.
Attached Thumbnails best oil pan for an LS1 into 70 Chevelle???-small-chevelle-pass-inner-tube-crossmember.jpg   best oil pan for an LS1 into 70 Chevelle???-small-chevelle-pass-tube-mount.jpg   best oil pan for an LS1 into 70 Chevelle???-small-chevelle-pass-tube-c-arm.jpg   best oil pan for an LS1 into 70 Chevelle???-small-pass-header-crossmember-height.jpg   best oil pan for an LS1 into 70 Chevelle???-small-drivers-header-crossmember-height.jpg  

best oil pan for an LS1 into 70 Chevelle???-small-drivers-collector-height.jpg  
Old 01-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Procharger great pictures thanks for you troubles. Those Headmen/BPR headers look nice and the ground clearance is perfect. I'll have to look on BRP's site and take a look at those Mounts so I can get my head wrapped around the " tubes" that you cut & rewelded, but I'll figure it out. Thanks again you have answered quite a few big issues with these A-Bodys.

Tony
Old 02-01-2011, 06:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone tried the rack/pinion setup from Unisteer etc. yet? Wondering if it's any good. If so, seems it would clear up the steering clearance issue. Input??

Quick Reply: best oil pan for an LS1 into 70 Chevelle???