Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 "Squirter" Project test Rusted & Filled with Water. w/ Videos

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 08:08 PM
10 Second Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AGearHead4Life
Thank you Torkman! Yea, video editing takes time. People think that you just shoot it and post... thats only half of it! lol

Sounds like you've got a nice setup there to practice you video editing skills on! I know you're stoked to get it on the road. I've got parts laying right now waiting for my to get this 5.3 into my C10 and its driving me crazy that I cant drive it yet. lol
I'm slowing it down now that snow is in my very near future, I will need all winter to figure out where all those wires go on my FAST EZ EFI...so much for EZ, it will self tune though and thats why I will wait to set the motor and trans in the car. I think a 68 Chevelle should sound at least as good as my Corvette with a baby cam in it. Now a call to Comp for cam selection.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Man I'm glad you're still in the game! Ran across this after watching your truck on youtube. Broke my friggin heart when it was stolen. I was watching it because I pretty much did the same swap in a 02 s10 blazer.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hotwire
Man I'm glad you're still in the game! Ran across this after watching your truck on youtube. Broke my friggin heart when it was stolen. I was watching it because I pretty much did the same swap in a 02 s10 blazer.
Thanks man! Yea, it was rough. Felt almost as bad as losing a family member. Its getting better though. I can't give up this! This is my life! lol

It was a complete loss. So I took out a loan and bought another truck of the same body style but 1987. This "Squiter Project" was meant to go into it until we found out that it was full of rust. Then it just turned into an experiment.

I've got another 5.3 that I'm building for the truck. Just put 4.8 flat top pistons in it.
Here's the thread of putting the pistons in it:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...how-video.html

Here's the video:
Old 12-16-2013, 09:05 PM
13 Second Truck Club

cool videos I have been watching porting videos. I messaged you last week about my Silverado build.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

Great videos man. I'm new to LS engines and getting my feet wet by installing a 6.0 into my 54 Bel Air. Heres a link to my thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...y-bel-air.html. I've been watching some of your videos this afternoon and have learned alot. Even stopped one video long enought to head over to ebay to order some of the Potz manifold bolts you showed. Keep up the good work and I'm gonna keep following along.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:12 AM
Teching In

Did u replace the cam bearings in it?
Old 12-17-2013, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 726.0chevelle
cool videos I have been watching porting videos. I messaged you last week about my Silverado build.
Thanks man and thanks for the Support on the youtube channel! I hope your Silverado build is going well for you.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bmays92
Did u replace the cam bearings in it?
NOpe. Didn't even take the pan off until it wouldn't fit in the car. Never pulled a piston out. Just sand papered out the rust and put the head back on.

Then to make it worse I did a lil head porting with the heads bolted on the motor. I cut out the rocker boss lump out of the intake ports.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Do Work 93YJ
Great videos man. I'm new to LS engines and getting my feet wet by installing a 6.0 into my 54 Bel Air. Heres a link to my thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...y-bel-air.html. I've been watching some of your videos this afternoon and have learned alot. Even stopped one video long enought to head over to ebay to order some of the Potz manifold bolts you showed. Keep up the good work and I'm gonna keep following along.
Awesome man! Welcome to the awesome world of LS power and dependability.
Those Potz bolts were a great lead that i got for a guy on youtube called "denmah". He does some great budget turbo LS builds.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the show over on youtube man. Thank you for the support! I'll get over and check out your build thread now. Keep on Wrench'n!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Kinda backwards but I finally got the video up of the Squirter top end tear down from when I first got it up. I had thrown it on the back burner since I thought that I was going to throw this engine away. I added this video to the first page/post now. It shows all the nastiness that was in it very well.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well guys, I killed the Squirter Project. Long story short, that number 2 cylinder was eating a lil oil and I didnt pay close enough attention to the oil level. It wasnt burnign so much oil that you could see it or anything. Only time I really saw it was if i left it in gear when coming to a light and let the motor slow the car. About 5 WOT pulls on 2qts of oil killed it. oh well. Time to drop the 6.0 and turbo into the Camaro.

Quick Reply: 5.3 "Squirter" Project test Rusted & Filled with Water. w/ Videos