Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 Mustang vert LS budget build

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Mustang vert LS budget build

hello everyone! Im keith! im new to the forum (any LS forum) , but wanted to sare my LS mustang build! its a work in progress, but I'll get there eventually! the goal is to go 6.5 or less in the 1/8th mile, for less than $5k INCLUDING the car! im already well on my way, and have it all documented on my youtube channel! follow along, and feel free to give advice, comment,or anything else you see fit! (i have thick skin, no worries) thanks yall!!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...d30LPMdX1ts4_U
Old 10-19-2018, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Love the Mustang LS swaps... it's just fun seeing people get so pissed off about it. Good luck with the build!
Old 10-19-2018, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SouthBayFuelInjector
Love the Mustang LS swaps... it's just fun seeing people get so pissed off about it. Good luck with the build!
lol yes! I've already caught quite a bit of slack for it😂... oh well, they better get used to seeing the tail lights!
Old 10-21-2018, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

6.50 in the 1/8th with c-clips ??....Here at Roush thats a no no.....Also we use double adjustable rear control arms with solid aluminum bushings.....Also your going to wish you had double adjustable rear arms so you can get the slicks in the center of the wheel opening.....With my 28x10.5x15 slicks i only have about .500-.750 per side clearance....if the upper arms where double adjustable then you could set pinion angle vary easy.........if your using a smaller shorter tire you should be fine....

Also what oil pan ?........the truck pans hang to low.......also the cheap muscle car pan hangs to low..........i think you can use the Ls1 f-body pan and maybe the CTS-V pan....maybe..

Also how old is the teamz Ls k-member ?? Good thing your using a th400.....the second one they made a 60e or 80e or t56 don't fit......

Great videos that guys can learn from...good job...

Also

99-04 rear 8.8 is 56.5"

94-98 rear 8.8 is 55"

79-93 rear 8.8 is 53.5"

79-93 and 94-98 use the same length housing but with different axles....
Old 10-21-2018, 10:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by booboo37
6.50 in the 1/8th with c-clips ??....Here at Roush thats a no no.....Also we use double adjustable rear control arms with solid aluminum bushings.....Also your going to wish you had double adjustable rear arms so you can get the slicks in the center of the wheel opening.....With my 28x10.5x15 slicks i only have about .500-.750 per side clearance....if the upper arms where double adjustable then you could set pinion angle vary easy.........if your using a smaller shorter tire you should be fine....

Also what oil pan ?........the truck pans hang to low.......also the cheap muscle car pan hangs to low..........i think you can use the Ls1 f-body pan and maybe the CTS-V pan....maybe..

Also how old is the teamz Ls k-member ?? Good thing your using a th400.....the second one they made a 60e or 80e or t56 don't fit......

Great videos that guys can learn from...good job...

Also

99-04 rear 8.8 is 56.5"

94-98 rear 8.8 is 55"

79-93 rear 8.8 is 53.5"

79-93 and 94-98 use the same length housing but with different axles....
I want to use 26s most likely, and if it requires rolling the fenders or cutting the inner fender well, im more than happy to do that. I used the control arms that i did because they were so cheap lol.the budget is the most important thing since NOTHING gets done without it. Im not too worried about the c clip situation, As the Strange 31 splines are fairly rugged... there are guys here dragging the bumper, 1.1 60 ft with 4 lug 31 spline stuff... I wouldnt do it if i didnt think it would hold. the K member is brand spankin new, as are all the suspension parts. i did notice the LQ4 oilpan is quite low...that worries me a little... Ill change it if I ever smack it on the strip lol. ive got some expreince the 4L60Es and 80Es, i know a couple guys using them in foxbodys.. also know a couple guys using the T56s with Thunderbird turbocoupe pedals... tuns out the rear end that i have is a turbocoupe rear end. i know its a little wider, but the strange axles are for a fox rear end, so they are in a little more than they would be... turbo400 is just too tough for me to not use it...itll take a TON of abuse. thanks for watching the vids!!!! the whole point was to learn as I go, do it cheap, and prove to everyone how fast you can go without being rich... hopefully I help prove that!!! keep following along! it getting lighter and lighter btw
Old 10-21-2018, 10:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,245 Likes on 2,527 Posts

It's not that the Strange splines aren't up to it; the C-clips STILL AREN'T.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by G Atsma
It's not that the Strange splines aren't up to it; the C-clips STILL AREN'T.
ah, gotcha... well if come upon some super cheap eliminators, Ill be putting them on! i dont want yall to think im a know-it-all... I most certainly dont lol. the whole point is to go fast, drive it home, and LEARN!! as they say, BUILD IT-RACE IT-BREAK IT-FIX IT-RACE IT AGAIN-BREAK IT AGAIN lololol.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Teamz has the motor up to high thats why the 3 trans don't fit....some guys are making or cutting the mounts so the motor sits lower...........AJE all trans fit.........Heres some good reading for ya........

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nce-issue.html
Old 10-21-2018, 01:40 PM
Banned

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

You can also get engine mounting brackets from Hooker that are made for the Team Z K-member that puts the engine in a different position than the Team Z engine mounting brackets do and provides for fitment of 4l60, 4L80 or T56 in the car.