Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick question from a newbie.....240 sx

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick question from a newbie.....240 sx

there are tons and tons of threads in here about people doing the ls1 240sx swap i know and i have read....but does anyone have basic plns in order to make the motor and tranny mounts? i have seen somoen post it but i have no idea where.....i am asking because i am hoping to be starting this project very soon but i do not have the money to go out and have a shop make them or buy the package online...... i hardly have the resources to do this swap but many peopel are throwing in helping hands here and there and we are going to do it ......so please anyone can you help me out so i can get startedd .....in teh mean time i will be reading the archives of this and many forums for as much info as i can so i dont have to bother you guys too muchhh thanks
Old 09-11-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

to me it looks like everyone has their engines set alittle diffrent from each other (i know mine is alittle bit more forward then i wanted but only like a 1/2" to 1" diffrent from everyone else). from my little deal it depends on how much and how long you wanna beat on the firewall. that little lap about 10- 12 inch back can be a pain. we took it out 4 times just beat more on it. had to use a torch to heat it. just set it were you want and fab up your own. just look at the pics and you can do it. ill take pics of mine soon and post em. but i dont think my way was the easiest way.

as far as the tran. i got some 1 1/2" by 1 1/2" angle iron and made a tran member from that. the angle worked great for boxing in the engine cross member also. just cut and it was almost a perfect fit. little shy of meeting the top of the x-member, like 1/8" i just took a hammer and then it fit fine.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Wow Thanks Alotttt I Hope To See Some Of Those Pics.....how Long Did It Take To Fab Up Your Mounts ?
Old 09-12-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

it dont take long. you could make em in a day (mounts only). i spents like 3 days just moving the motor around to make sure i had it in the best place to clear everything before i started fabbing. i had the hinson headers and i just set it so they would clear everything and i think my pan is like 1/2" to 3/4" off the rack. i started my project july 24. i bought the motor that day and started taking the KA that day. 9/9 we bolted the motor and tranny in and the throttle cable to the new bracket we made and the headers were put in. now we got the cooling system left (easy) and the fuel system and the clutch stuff to do. and the wiring (which looks easy too). last 2 things will be drive shaft and exhaust system. i think we are moving along ok. i was taking pics the first few weeks and just stop. was going to post it all at once, start to finsh.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Teching In

thats awesomeeeee i hoope everythign goes well i cant wait to start mineee....alsoo what did you do about the clutch lines and stuff and also do you have power steering if so how did u accomplish this
Old 09-12-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

i got the complete oil, cooling, fuel, and clutch packages from hinson. and the headers as well. didnt wanna have to chase down all the little peices.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:38 AM
Teching In

how much did that run you?
Old 09-19-2006, 01:39 AM
TECH Resident

you can find out at

www.hinsonsupercars.com