Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Winter Project Complete

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Winter Project Complete

This winter’s car project is finally completed. It started out as a head swap and snowballed into much more. I have to give a big thanks to Phil over at Advanced Induction for setting me up with an awesome set of heads. I also have to thank the guys over at Brian Tooley Racing for helping with the valve train. I have to thank my friend Josh over at Spartan for help with the cam and answering my never ending questions. Well it started out as head swap being that Josh had installed a cam last summer. Once I got the heads off and started looking everything the shopping list got much longer. Not because I had to replace parts, it was more like while it’s apart why not. So here is what I ended up with, BTR SLR lifters & new trays, AI 5.3L heads welded up to 60cc, BTR Platinum spring kit, BTR trunion kit, FAST 92/92, 42lbs injectors, and Fast fuel rails. I also relocated the coils under the cowling. I had 1 ¾ hooker headers & TSP duals on the car and I decided to upgrade to a set of TSP 1 7/8 stainless & Borla exhaust with a QTP cutout. I picked up a set of cheap Mr Gasket fabed valve covers. I welded in some locating tabs on the inside like the stock valve covers to keep them lined up. The drive side wanted to slide down the head when tightened. I also didn’t like the way they showed small scratches so I sent them off and had them hard anodized with a silver finish. Turned out great! Already planning next winters project. Now it’s time to enjoy the drop top. Don’t mind the green battery I have a carbon fiber cover on the way.
Attached Thumbnails Winter Project Complete-img_0187.jpg   Winter Project Complete-img_0184.jpg   Winter Project Complete-img_0185.jpg  

Last edited by nm2769; 04-24-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Winter Project Complete