Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Anyone ever do a manta stripe/35th stripes on a car that has a tan top?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 01:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone ever do a manta stripe/35th stripes on a car that has a tan top?

I know I"ve seen many on black top verts but never a tan top. I'm thinking a black manta stripe or anniversary stripes wouldn't look good but wanting to get ideas from you guys on what would. I'm kinda thinking a gold kinda like the gm gold they used on camaro's and t/a's in the late 90's My car is sunset orange metallic case ya didn't see below hehe. What do you guys think could be done to make her stand out more?
Old 05-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Teching In

I thought with a red car/ tan top my options were only the gold. I think your in the same boat. Black or brown but now you're talkin custom so open the wallet.There are colors you can use but the shade has to be correct too. good luck! When I put the hard tonneaus on there is way too much red. I had to have some custom graphics around edge. SOM w/tan = best combo maybe just leave it and zaino the sh?t out of it
Old 06-09-2010, 10:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey, sorry to hijack, but who makes the manta decals? I forgot, ive been to the website before and the guy was gonna do me a custom one in satin black to go with my berger, but ive deployed and since forgotten the website, thanx fellas, sorry op. Do u have any other accent colors on ur car? Ive never seen a gold manta stripe, let alone on a som car, i would def photoshop that first! good luck.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the black manta stripe would look best. I'm currently getting a black SS hood painted with a silver manta. I went with the silver because the grille on my car is silver along with the chrome wheels and chrome inserts, so it flows with the rest of the car. But definitely post up some pictures regardless of what you go with. gyrene2003, you can get the decals from 3rdgendecals.com, scroll down on their main page and you'll see the different kits they offer.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:03 AM
12 Second Club

When I got my 2002 new from the dealer I told them no manta stripe. The colors just did not look good on white car/tan top. I often think about it now.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever do a manta stripe/35th stripes on a car that has a tan top?