Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Katech Carbon Fiber Splitter, Undertray, and Brake Duct PICS and PRE-ORDER

Old 01-15-2010, 02:55 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Katech Carbon Fiber Splitter, Undertray, and Brake Duct PICS and PRE-ORDER

I'm pleased to announce that we have undertrays and brake cooler ducts will be arriving at the end of the month. We've started a pre-order system on our website and will ship in the order received.

These parts turned out great. This week we were in the wind tunnel with the final version to verify the final production. Let me tell you the brake cooling increases are PHENOMENAL! That is reason enough to buy this splitter package. Don't take my word for it, take a look at the pictures of our testing and see for yourself.

You can see when we add the smoke to the entry of the brake cooling duct it starts pouring out the wheel, and this is at only 45mph. This is true RAM-AIR brake cooling. You track guys are going to love this. Combine this with a set of spindle ducts and you have brake cooling that rivals race cars.

Next is the installation. This is so easy! There is no drilling of your new splitter. All you do is remove the stock splitter, remove the air dam and stock brake duct inlet, trim a small part off the bottom of the fascia, install the brake duct, install the splitter, and install the undertray. I'll have detailed instructions soon, but we just put one on in about a half hour.

The brake ducts were solid modeled for a precise fit. Here are some photos of our development.

The fit is perfect. The ducts slide right into the production brake duct. They are made with a mold so the shiny carbon fiber is on the inside. So when you look from the front of the car you can see into the glossy brake duct.

After the splitter and the brake ducts are on, 2 stainless steel brackets hold the rear of the undertray and the front of the undertray attaches to the lip of the splitter. All stainless steel hardware is included for a nice finish that will last a long time.

The splitter fits all C6 wide body cars - Z06, ZR1 and Grand Sport

Part numbers are as follows:

KAT-A4979 Katech carbon fiber splitter, brake ducts and undertray kit $1774.99
http://store.katechengines.com/Product212

KAT-A6097 Katech carbon fiber brake ducts and undertray kit $1199.99
http://store.katechengines.com/Product211

KAT-4979 Katech carbon fiber splitter (only) $575.00
http://store.katechengines.com/Product193

Last edited by Katech_Jason; 01-15-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks awesome and that is some air movement from those ducts.

Is it just me or are those front tires finished on the inside edge?
Old 01-16-2010, 02:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 913MOTOR
Looks awesome and that is some air movement from those ducts.

Is it just me or are those front tires finished on the inside edge?
Oh yea, they're toast. We were just using them to roll this car around the shop. They're not even for this car.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about base vettes?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Katech Carbon Fiber Splitter, Undertray, and Brake Duct PICS and PRE-ORDER