Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Installed my Corsa Extremes tonight... what a great setup.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed my Corsa Extremes tonight... what a great setup.

Went over to a local Vette/Porsche nut's house to utilize a lift to make the swap quick/easy. The install was simple and went w/o issue. The Extremes are noticeably lighter than the stockers (Corsa says something like 5lbs)... I'd say they're close to Z06 Ti weights, but I didn't weigh or anything. The Indys and Touring are very very heavy, something like 80lbs. Tip alignment is very easy, far better than Corsa Indys which have 3 joints.

As for sound... I'm not sure how Corsa does it, but the mufflers are nice and mellow at idle, OEM silent at cruise, and have a great loud sound at part-throttle north of 2500 rpms and WOT. Seeing as the design is basically a straight-pipe with a muffler on the side I guess vacuum or something pulls the sound waves in at lower rpm. I was suspect of Corsa's no-drone claim, but it's 100% true.

I'm very very happy w/ my decision, she sounds like a sports car now. If I had to describe the sound it's basically Borla Stinger tone with a more refined note to it and no drone. For years people have been asking for Stingers w/o the drone and Corsa has delivered. I'll probably break down and buy AR headers for her one day, but for now this will do.

For reference I've had Stingers, Indys, and stockers on my Z06. Had Borlas, then Kooks + Borlas, then after the cam I tried Corsa Indys. Loved the Indys but hated the weight and couldn't keep the tips alligned. Then went back to stock Tis and had planned on doing the by-pass mod.

Just a small portion of the garage setup

All done

Back home in my garage

~Brian

Last edited by Cobra4B; 01-26-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Regular

Looks good! I bought my FRC with the indy's on it but I am hoping to switch those out for the extreme's soon.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:42 AM
TECH Resident

i have them too!!! and i love em. I got compliments on em all the time. They do have a lil rasp to them but my camaro had more than this so it doesnt bother me. Dont you love how the sound at WOT...oh and yes they are just as light if not lighter than the Ti system
Old 01-27-2010, 03:26 AM
On The Tree

nice man
Old 01-27-2010, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SStheBest
i have them too!!! and i love em. I got compliments on em all the time. They do have a lil rasp to them but my camaro had more than this so it doesnt bother me. Dont you love how the sound at WOT...oh and yes they are just as light if not lighter than the Ti system
Do you have cats w/ your headers? I'll probably do some AR headers w/ cats after I sell my Z06 and get some new wheels for this 'ol man cruiser.

Oh... and I showed the pics/setup to a buddy who's a motorsports engineer and he explained that they work just like the helmholtz resonators you see on the intake tracts of newer cars. Basically it's a tuned reflective chamber that cancels out certain soundwaves... in this case the drone frequency.

I was curious how it worked, but once he made the comparison to a modern intake tract w/ the resonator it clicked.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off you have the ultimate garage !!! Must be cool as hell to have your own lift.

Nice job, looks good. Now lets see how long you wait to add those headers since it would only be an hour or so to install them.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
First off you have the ultimate garage !!! Must be cool as hell to have your own lift.

Nice job, looks good. Now lets see how long you wait to add those headers since it would only be an hour or so to install them.
Not my garage! Read the OP! I wish I had a lift. But yeah... once I sell the Z06 and get some wheels I'm sure I'll be header shopping, just because... can't leave well enough alone.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Not my garage! Read the OP! I wish I had a lift. But yeah... once I sell the Z06 and get some wheels I'm sure I'll be header shopping, just because... can't leave well enough alone.
A lift sure does make things a lot easier. Me and my bro picked one up a few years back and it's great. Makes it alot easier to do exhaust, brake and front end repairs.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok I stand corrected.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Do you have cats w/ your headers? I'll probably do some AR headers w/ cats after I sell my Z06 and get some new wheels for this 'ol man cruiser.

Oh... and I showed the pics/setup to a buddy who's a motorsports engineer and he explained that they work just like the helmholtz resonators you see on the intake tracts of newer cars. Basically it's a tuned reflective chamber that cancels out certain soundwaves... in this case the drone frequency.

I was curious how it worked, but once he made the comparison to a modern intake tract w/ the resonator it clicked.
Nope
Old 01-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SStheBest
ti's 28lbs extreme 33lbs right there with ti's but has a real badass sound
Old 02-09-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Regular

Nice to see another Virginia Beach native with good taste in cars. I'm actually looking to get rid of the Camaro and pick up a C6 that has the same exhaust. Glad to hear you like it, I know it sounds great on the one I'm looking at.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

Corsa Extreme is Gooooood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9LuajjAFbw
Old 02-11-2010, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by paint it black vette
ti's 28lbs extreme 33lbs right there with ti's but has a real badass sound
got to remember....i am an 01 and believe it or not the 01ZO6's Ti systems were slightly heavier than 02-04. I was shocked when i found this info myself. it was awhile ago when i found this info...i believe 01's Ti's are around 86grams...and 02-04's is around 62grams....assuming the 28lbs you are referring to. Lol so mine actually may be just as light and maybe lighter.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

Jaw drop...

Originally Posted by venom ws7

Quick Reply: Installed my Corsa Extremes tonight... what a great setup.