Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Calling out Allngn C5

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 03:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Calling out Allngn C5

Now that you've got these impressive dyno numbers with your new combo, are you going to back it up with some track times???

I believe you're still a 12 second car. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WHPLASH
Now that you've got these impressive dyno numbers with your new combo, are you going to back it up with some track times???

I believe you're still a 12 second car. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Good morning Dennis, long time no email/pm/talk.

Your beliefs are incorrect sir. Ran 11.59 at nearly 127 in +2400 da. On the night I had good air -700 da I cut a 1.71 60 time a personal best and then snapped the tranny output shaft. I've had a few major breaks at milan, clutch, tranny output (which lead to a rebuild at D&D) stg III diff. My last visit cost me 6100 or so. I'd like to go back again but not going to launch hard. Just would like to see if I can nail down a 130 pass. Whatever the ET is will be fine by me. I understand everyone expects 130 plus and so do I. With good air I am confident she'll do it. 200 mph is just an after thought on the highway. She doesn't struggle and strain to hit 200 anymore, she sprints to it and begs for more.

Good hearing from you, I saw a vid of your car in action. Talk about hooking and booking. Very impressed by that car and your driving. How's dads car doing these days ? Has Daddy Warbucks popped for anymore upgrades?

Almost forgot Dennis, the car handles like an F1 racer with all the Pfadt stuff. Can't believe the difference.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Still got those 3.23's out back or did you switch to a built rear with gears ?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Launching!

when are you going to the track?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 427LS7HCI
when are you going to the track?
Aint no telling, but when I do I'll be sure to post up the results. Not really a priority right now. I'll go when I have the time. My job and schedule outside of work keep me pretty busy. I would like to go once this year.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:30 PM
10 Second Club

That's better times. Still more room for better. You just need some more seat time at the track. 127 is moving!!!

Still on the stock rear end. Dads car is the same. He's happy with the way it is.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

That's better times. Still more room for better. You just need some more seat time at the track. 127 is moving!!!

Still on the stock rear end. Dads car is the same. He's happy with the way it is.
I was disappointed too Dennis. The car shifted ok but you had to fight with it on the 2/3 and 3/4 shifts. Also I seem to have the worst luck. Either I break or someone else does and makes a mess of the lane I'm going to run in. Your still on the stock rear ?!?! Wow ! I thought she'd have grenaded by now. I'm sure your dad is happy with the car. He should give it to you and go pickup a zr1. I'd like to get out there and run before the temps get hot. Should run the best MPH in cooler dense air right ? Anyways congrats and how about re pullying your setup and going for a 9.999 ? A few more lbs should get you there.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:00 AM
10 Second Club

Our cars weren't made to produce 2x the power that they're making. Something is always breaking. You've got High 10's/Low 11's in there. You just need the right launch and some crisp shifts.

No upgrades for me. Money is tight. Shoot, there might not be insurance on it this year.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Our cars weren't made to produce 2x the power that they're making. Something is always breaking. You've got High 10's/Low 11's in there. You just need the right launch and some crisp shifts.

No upgrades for me. Money is tight. Shoot, there might not be insurance on it this year.
I hear ya man. Thats why I've got a fresh trans with a gForce hardened output shaft, A Rodney 3 rib case built DIFF, and an RPS street twin lite. Don't forget the Pfadt suspension to keep her stable. Oh I wish I could go back and pay off my house vs buying this car LOL. Then I'd be sitting in a new one and making payments on it. LOL Damned if you do damned if you don't.

I'm sure the economy isn't help you in your line of business. No one is building much of anything right now are they? Take care.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:57 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Aint no telling, but when I do I'll be sure to post up the results. Not really a priority right now. I'll go when I have the time. My job and schedule outside of work keep me pretty busy. I would like to go once this year.
You sound just like me, put all this crazy money in you car but never have time to go to the track bc of a retarted scheduled job!I guess thats why my driving sucks and the only way im going to get to race is on my way to work lol...........
Old 05-11-2010, 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Redcorvette2000
You sound just like me, put all this crazy money in you car but never have time to go to the track bc of a retarted scheduled job!I guess thats why my driving sucks and the only way im going to get to race is on my way to work lol...........
Its still been worth it in a sense. I've been on many trips with this car. Georgia and Texas just to name a couple. What a blast being on the open road. I love crossing the Mississippi River. That is a pretty cool bridge and a huge river. Theres a section of Illinois that should be called top speed run central. I think its 55 or 57 North/South. The highway is cut out of a limestone mountain or something. Huge hills, long and I mean long straights even down hill with a huge uphill to aid in slowing down. I had a lot of fun there. Car is only a few hundred miles short of having 60,000 on the chassis, about 11,000 on the motor and less then a 1000 on the trans and diff. I've typed all that to say I've had my fun. I make one hell of an entrance when I go places too. You should see the look on the valets face when he thinks he's going to get the keys and I say thats alright I got this myself. Meeting women with my daily driver and then picking them up in the beast. I could go on but you get the point.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Launching!

I hear ya man. Thats why I've got a fresh trans with a gForce hardened output shaft, A Rodney 3 rib case built DIFF, and an RPS street twin lite. Don't forget the Pfadt suspension to keep her stable. Oh I wish I could go back and pay off my house vs buying this car LOL. Then I'd be sitting in a new one and making payments on it. LOL Damned if you do damned if you don't.

I'm sure the economy isn't help you in your line of business. No one is building much of anything right now are they? Take care.
Yep, that's why I dont do the entire motor thing anymore. I keep it simple - Heads/cam LTs and call it a day. I learned my lesson from my old Mustang that had built bottom end, ported heads, cams, blower, tranny, rear, etc.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:44 AM
10 Second Club

There's a No ET at Milan on May 22nd. If I can get my car tuned by Dr Phil by then, I'll be there with my car, if not, I'll be there with Sponge Vette spectating. No ET's are the best!!! He should be in the 9's with a stock shortblock, should be interesting.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Tuned by Dr Phil? I thought Kirk who never returned any of my phone calls a few years back was the MF'ing man? Not sure if I'll be able to make it or not. Hope you get a chance to run. I may be going in the fall if I still have a Personal day to use to get off work. Best of luck Dennis? You said SpongeVette in the 9's ? WTF does he have under the hood ?
Old 05-12-2010, 07:53 AM
TECH Regular

Its still been worth it in a sense. I've been on many trips with this car. Georgia and Texas just to name a couple. What a blast being on the open road. I love crossing the Mississippi River. That is a pretty cool bridge and a huge river. Theres a section of Illinois that should be called top speed run central. I think its 55 or 57 North/South. The highway is cut out of a limestone mountain or something. Huge hills, long and I mean long straights even down hill with a huge uphill to aid in slowing down. I had a lot of fun there. Car is only a few hundred miles short of having 60,000 on the chassis, about 11,000 on the motor and less then a 1000 on the trans and diff. I've typed all that to say I've had my fun. I make one hell of an entrance when I go places too. You should see the look on the valets face when he thinks he's going to get the keys and I say thats alright I got this myself. Meeting women with my daily driver and then picking them up in the beast. I could go on but you get the point.
I know exactly what you mean, i have become pretty well know in the rock hill area for my retarted sounding vettes, i must say i definately love the attention! I remember when i was younger seeing a bad *** vette and an older guy driving like a grandma and i was like why???????I bet when those guys see our cars and then hear them they are like wtf, that guys is crazy as ****!!!!!!!!!! Any plans on a trip to vengeance in the near future????
Old 05-12-2010, 08:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

I hear ya bro. No solid plans for visiting Vengeance. I had planned to go down and lend my car as a test mule for comparison purposes of the FAST 92 vs 102 intake. However timing wasn't convenient. May still happen, may not. I have a patient buyer waiting for me to pull the trigger. So it would cost a couple hundred bucks for approximately 8-10 rwhp and 8-10 rwtq. But getting to drive I75 both ways justifies the run in my mind ! Gotta love that stretch thru Tennessee. No on or off ramps for several miles and straight as an arrow. Did I mention its downhill too?
Old 05-12-2010, 10:04 PM
10 Second Club

Dr Phil took a look at my tranny after a fresh rebuild. He said Kirk did nothing to adjust the trans tables for line pressure. It was the stock tune. I made it though all of last year without a single problem. I'm going to have him do the full tune. He's extremely confident that he's got me running to rich amongst other things. I was going through two trannies a year thanks to Kirk. I'm hoping to pick up a couple more tenths and mile per hour. Low tens sound better than mid tens.

Sebastians car pulls me on the e-way last year. Now he has AFR heads, cam, 2 more lbs of boost and a fresh tranny. He pulled me by 2-3 cars, so if I'm running 10.48, he was running 10.2's and now has more power. Still on the stock bottom end. He'll be trapping around the 140 mph mark.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Wow Dennis, thats a huge Raspberry for Kirk. Is Kirk still tuning for Katech? Katech right? I knew something wasn't right about that guy. Sounded like a snake oil salesmen on the phone when he said I don't care who tuned your car, I can make it drive better and make more power safely. (That was the first and only time I was able to get him on the phone) Thank god I didn't let him tune the car.

Very sorry to hear about your tranny issues due to tuning, and here you thought your motor was just eating them up. Really sucks when you pay for a full tune and he doesn't address the tranny shifting commands and line pressure. Kirk should pony up some money towards your bills. Small claims court on the grounds of negligence? Is Chris still doing the rebuilds when your tranny goes out? Or did you get one from a vendor or member?

Best of luck on a 9.999 !! Do you have a pully option for a bit more boost to make some added power to get you into the 9's ? 9.9x at 135 would kick ***. Have you removed any weight yet? Lighten her up and you might increase your chances. Good luck.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol
Old 05-13-2010, 09:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
lol
Moderator ??? LOL

No, I have a local tranny shop (Lakeside Transmission) that has been working with me through all of this. 8 trannies in 6 years. He did everything he could to the trans, but asked me to have someone else look at the tune, because I have all the best of his knowledge in there. So, with a totally fresh rebuild and a new tq convertor, I went to Dr. Phil. It has worked flawlessly as you can see from my times. Dr. Phil is doing a street tune shortly instead of a typical dyno tune. The guy knows his **** and is well known across the country. Then again, so is Kirk at Vector.

All Kirk kept telling me was that I had too much power for my tranny. The 4L60E's are crap. Well, I have someone now that will work with me on a tune and on my tranny. I know my tranny is on the borderline right now, but when I was blowing through them at 420 rwhp twice a year and ever since then, something was wrong. It was the tuner.

Quick Reply: Calling out Allngn C5