Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

New build. LS7 w/ nitrous 250shots??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 12:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation New build. LS7 w/ nitrous 250shots??

some of you might have seen my older thread where my engine dropped a valve due to not having lash caps installed with my new ported WCCH heads. that happened on march 17th I think.

after a lot of thinking (and I mean alot, two months!!) I finally decided what I wanted to do on May 24th and started ordering the main parts on May 27th. The car was supposed to be ready end of july but there were a lot of delays on parts (we first ordered some wiseco pistons but waited 8 weeks and they never showed up, so cancelled that order and went with Diamonds which took about 3 weeks to get) then there was a lot of delays from the machine shop since they were bulding my buddys engine and another engine for a competition and they were working on other stuff... at first I didnt have a clutch so I told them it wasnt a big deal and they can start on it when I order one..... you get the idea.

the build consist of....

- Darton sleeved LS7 Block by a local machine shop.
- 441ci stroker ( callies crank, rods, and daimond pistons w/ nitrous rings)
- almost 14.0:1 compression (scared especially since I am planning to spray 250shots!)
- will be running E85
- vette-air heads/cam pkg
- Stock angle milled LS7 Heads by wcch with SS exhaust valves
- black widow revised cam with duel springs
- Morel lifters (link bar)
- CHE rockers
- Innovators West damper
- all ARP hardware and block is machined for larger studs (just to be safe)
- Ported Fast intake with Nitrous outlet direct port
- Nitrous outlet nitrous kit with 102 plate (planning to do 2 stages)
- 2- nano 4500 kits and 2- 15lbs bottles
- NMS1000 nitrous controller
- Stock fuel pump with 80lbs injectors.
- NW102 TB
- Halltech KB2 CAI
- LG 1 7/8 super pro headers with off-road xpipe
- Stock exhaust
- RPS BC3 Clutch
- level 4 built T56
- stock rearend

I am sure I am missing few things but thats pretty much it. The plan is to run 10s consistent at this elevation (5800ft) N/A and maybe 9s with nitrous? who knows we will find out I guess:thumbs:

hopefully the car will be done next week. put some miles on the new engine/clutch and hopefully get it on the dyno by end of the month!!?:crazy: we will see!

hoping to hit 630+whp/580+wtq N/A and I wont be spraying until June since the car wont be driven much with winter coming now.

here is few pics... I didnt take any recent ones

let me know what you guys think!
Old 10-14-2011, 07:24 AM
TECH Addict

Nice man.

Why such high compression ?
Old 10-14-2011, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It'll be a beast.......like, nasty, motor alone. It's gonna be hardcore with that kind of compression on the street...E85 always for here on out. Compression makes power though. So,..that'll do it. But good lord. It'll be a very unique sounding car(streetcar) on the throttle. On Spray,...it's gonna sound like death coming.

You'll probably rarely, if ever, use the spray to beat majority of the cars out there on the street man.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
It'll be a beast.......like, nasty, motor alone. It's gonna be hardcore with that kind of compression on the street...E85 always for here on out. Compression makes power though. So,..that'll do it. But good lord. It'll be a very unique sounding car(streetcar) on the throttle. On Spray,...it's gonna sound like death coming.

You'll probably rarely, if ever, use the spray to beat majority of the cars out there on the street man.
If he can hook that monster to the pavement. Holy Crap
Old 10-14-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pittman

Right?

A really good tire out back,..something good for high speed, and grip(RA1 for us 18" guys)...for motor,...it'll be crazy to drive the car with ANYTHING OTHER THEN THAT, EVER. lol. 550rwhp ALL motor is spin city on a C5 with that power(Z rated tire-1-4th),....C6 vettes, DO handle power much better, and are easier to launch, so he has THAT going for him. But, SPRAY....ha,..we used to wack that same 550 wheel HP C5 with a 250(no controller) from a roll and holy ****,...you had to really be dialed in to drive that car. The AMS 1000.....will help A LOT....but....I just don't think he's gonna run into that many cars that he's gonna need to use it on.

Myabe some 900-1000 cars but,...I think with 650 MOTOR to the ground,...800hp cars will have hell to pay to catch up to it. Unless he's planning on some hardcore roll racing against the big boys.

It'll be a hoot for sure.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:02 AM
10 Second Club

Nice man.

Why such high compression ?
more power basically! at first I thought it will be at ~13.5, but then my engine builders tells me it will actually be around 14.0:1
Old 10-19-2011, 03:05 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks man... I am really excited about this. cant wait to hear the car running again... its been so damn LONG lol

i am kinda scared with that high compression. not sure how tuning will go!!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:06 AM
10 Second Club

I have 335 NT05s in the back which where great at 590whp. I might consider the NT05r drag radials for the street to if I started having issues N/A. maybe even with a 150shot.... I will be doing 2 stages, probaly 150shot and anther 100shot for the 2nd stage. hopefully I will be able to hook with that 1 stage. the 2nd stage will be only used for the track!!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:11 AM
10 Second Club

Right?

A really good tire out back,..something good for high speed, and grip(RA1 for us 18" guys)...for motor,...it'll be crazy to drive the car with ANYTHING OTHER THEN THAT, EVER. lol. 550rwhp ALL motor is spin city on a C5 with that power(Z rated tire-1-4th),....C6 vettes, DO handle power much better, and are easier to launch, so he has THAT going for him. But, SPRAY....ha,..we used to wack that same 550 wheel HP C5 with a 250(no controller) from a roll and holy ****,...you had to really be dialed in to drive that car. The AMS 1000.....will help A LOT....but....I just don't think he's gonna run into that many cars that he's gonna need to use it on.

Myabe some 900-1000 cars but,...I think with 650 MOTOR to the ground,...800hp cars will have hell to pay to catch up to it. Unless he's planning on some hardcore roll racing against the big boys.

It'll be a hoot for sure.
as you said, I will probably not need to spray. but I will def need some help from that stuff to run few cars. including 750+awhp STI, and 2 750+awhp Evos, and then comes some bikes I think the 600s especially older ones are not hard to beat. but when it comes to those 1 liter bikes, I will need to get that 150shot to help
Old 10-19-2011, 08:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Impressive build up. The IM is a thing of beauty.

I wouldn't have guessed that the stock fuel pumps would up to the task of big cubes + E85 + nitrous.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
Impressive build up. The IM is a thing of beauty.

I wouldn't have guessed that the stock fuel pumps would up to the task of big cubes + E85 + nitrous.
Thanks the stock fuel pump is good for up to 750whp N/A on E85. we are at 5500+ elevation which means the car make less power than sea level.

I think the stock fuel pump will be able to support up to 100-150shot MAX. but we will see when we put it on the dyno. again we lose about 100whp due to elevation so at sea-level it will be different
Old 10-20-2011, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you spray it you'll offset the high elevation?
Old 10-20-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

I just looked at your build again..man that car ROCKS !!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you spray it you'll offset the high elevation?
not 100%. you get some of the lost power but not all.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:50 PM
10 Second Club

I just looked at your build again..man that car ROCKS !!
Thanks... I am really excited. its been almost 7 months!!!!!!!! hopefully we will fire up the car for the first time mid next week. probably Wed or Thursday!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:28 AM
10 Second Club

updates...

engine is in

injectors were too tall and the solenoids will hit the firewall, so bought some 95# short injectors and we will modify some of the tubes for the jets to make it fit right without cutting the firewall. hopefully they will get here tomorrow. missing the 102 plate for the 2nd stage, not sure when that will get here. I still need to order a wideband and fuel pressure sensors for my aeroforce gauges. pretty much everything else is ready... hopefully we will fire up the car Friday

Old 10-26-2011, 06:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Walhan, what is your squish clearance... are they nitrous pistons? What is the top ring material?

That and the TUNE / TUNER (which I have serious doubts about) will determine if that thing will even live on motor, let alone 250 shots.

Good luck

Quick Reply: New build. LS7 w/ nitrous 250shots??