Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

New z06 owner. Just got a dyno tune!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New z06 owner. Just got a dyno tune!

Hey guy's I just bought a 02 z06 Yesterday! So far I love the car, the previous owner never had it tuned so I figured before I did anything that would be the first thing I would do. Took it today, about 15 hours after purchase and got it tuned.

The dyno sheet is at the bottom, 370rwhp/361rwtq. How are the numbers compared to others? I will list the known mods.

Bassani Headers
SLP Loudmouth catback /w high flow cats
I'm not 100% on the cold air, it has the Vortex power duct with 2 filters pulling air from the correct spots like the vararam, but not true ram air.

As far as I know that's the mods, heads look stock, stock intake mani.

Some pics.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:09 AM
Teching In

Congratulations on the new ride! You're going to love it.

I'd say those are pretty fair numbers. Depending on who you believe, drivetrain loss on a C5 is in the 14% range. Therefore, if you divide your WHEEL HP and TQ by .86 you can back yourself into a guestimated CRANK HP and TQ. Using your numbers you're at about 430 HP and 420 TQ. From the mods you've described that's probably about right.....a solid 25 HP for headers is reasonable. While you have an aftermarket filter on it I'm not convinced those show much of a difference on a chassis dyno, especially when they are being fed by a fan with the hood open.

Also, I had one of those kinds of filters on my car when I bought it. It was the 1st thing I took out after looking down into the opening where the filters sit. There's just no where for them to get fresh air from. I really can't see what the benefit is to them, other than that they can flow more hot engine compartment air into your engine than a stock filter. I quickly upgraded to a Callaway Honker CAI - bought it used from someone upgrading to forced induction.

Kurt
Old 02-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

Pretty good numbers, and welcome. I hit 360/355 on just a Vararam and crap CBE.
After installing LTs, GHL CBE, and a cam I hit 427/395.

Any other plans for yours?
Old 02-29-2012, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JohnnyT13
Pretty good numbers, and welcome. I hit 360/355 on just a Vararam and crap CBE.
After installing LTs, GHL CBE, and a cam I hit 427/395.

Any other plans for yours?
Nice numbers!! As far as plans I do have some but I don't know what they are yet =).

It was going to be my next thread but I'll start it here..

What should I do? I want POWER but I want reliability also.. I want it solid. So should I do a nice h/c/i or put a Maggie on it? I assume a stock motor can hold around 6psi and 500ish rwhp. But I'm not positive.

Edit: Talked to Brett today, look's like the next thing I'm doing is an A&A kit.

Last edited by SteelmanLS1; 02-29-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:55 PM
On the tree

Wow you let Brett tune your car...!!!

Just kidding, he knows his stuff. I just called him last week for some headers for my 2008. I will be up there in March for some base lines on mine, then to save up for the headers and tune.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice!
Looking to add a Turbo to the 04 Z06 I picked up this fall.
Good numbers and good looking ride.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SteelmanLS1
Nice numbers!! As far as plans I do have some but I don't know what they are yet =).

It was going to be my next thread but I'll start it here..

What should I do? I want POWER but I want reliability also.. I want it solid. So should I do a nice h/c/i or put a Maggie on it? I assume a stock motor can hold around 6psi and 500ish rwhp. But I'm not positive.

Edit: Talked to Brett today, look's like the next thing I'm doing is an A&A kit.
With your mods an A&A kit will be perfect. I've seen set-ups range from 6-12 psi, pushing anywhere from 450-700+whp on the stock bottom end. All depends on the tune and your goals. Some days I wish I would've gone that route but I can't give up the cam just yet.

Definitely keep us posted on your next project!
Old 03-29-2012, 12:01 AM
TECH Addict

Solid numbers man..I went 415 hp/ 400 tq
Cam and full exhaust

Quick Reply: New z06 owner. Just got a dyno tune!