Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

help me buy a C6! 05-08+ differences which options to look for, ect.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 12:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me buy a C6! 05-08+ differences which options to look for, ect.

okay, so on the 6th I was in a wreck and totaled my current car. Girlfriend has a 2013 M3 coupe. I've always salivated over it, passive keyless entry, the level of technology in the car, and the 414 HP is pretty enticing as well, but as a long time LS lover, that only platform that can get me those things without extreme modification, or a 60k price tag is the C6. i have been finding great deals on 05-07's. but before i pull the trigger on one, i was really hoping to get some insight from those with experience, i have some questions... and anyone feel free to share anything that may be pertinent that i am not thinking to ask.

what i want: manual gearbox, heated seats, HUD, interior has to be black... Ive seen the black on grey, i don't know that i care for it, maybe if i seen it in person i would like it. but big NO on tan interior. i prefer black or silver in paint color. think its best i stay away from from the magnetic ride control. want the Z51 package. i intend on building a HCI LS2 or LS3. shooting for 600+ish HP. with that in mind you all can steer me into which model would be better suited for my plans?

1. the T56 is in all pre 07 cars right? the TR6060 was introduced in 08. I've not ever shifted a TR6060, i do have experience with the borg warner T56 and the Tremec T56. i never thought they were bad, but people on forums seem to **** on the t56 and praise the TR6060.

2. LS2 vs LS3 vs LS7. LS7 has push rod issues (hearsay?)? not good to daily drive one and romp on it? LS3 seems like a slight superior/better platform to build on or just easier to reach HP goals?

3. HUD display. aftermarket ones can be installed $500ish, pretty easy install is my impression. I want hud but finding a manual with it makes things a bit more challenging.

4. anywhere sell center console lids and floor mats? some cars have the nice leather center consoles with the vet emblem. some don't, some have the emblems in the floor mats, some don't. id like to find some with emblems.

5. When did hands free calling start and on what trim level? i would love to leave factory NAV in and be able to use the phone though the radio. i have an aftermarket pioneer unit that has back up cam, NAV, phone screen mirroring, BT audio, custom image background, DVD, ect. but id rather leave it factory, and sell my aftermarket unit. if i can't get all my amenities, ill swap them though.

6. i stumbled upon the supervettes wide body kits for $8000... would LOVE to get one. anything else out there not 8k? also they have like 8 different kits. only have one currently for sale. the rest say no content.

7. how does the powertrain hold under 600 HP? t56? tr6060? the rear chunk and axles? I've seen guys swapping the Z06 rear ends in.

8. what are the top spring and shock set ups for a lower (not slammed) stance and performance?

9. My girls m3, if you rub the door above the keyhole, it will lock the car, it has proximity so when you put your hand on the door, it unlocks. my old infiniti, hold the lock button the fob, the window roll down for as long as you hold the button, put the key in the door and hold unlock they roll back up same thing. does the c6 have features like this?

i have found unmolested 07 44k miles, black int, has everything i want except HUD, but i don't know it doesn't, it just didn't say. asking 16k. book is 24k. clean and clear title. car looks cherry. but i could spend closer to 22 for a low milage LS3 with same options too. is it worth it?

Quick Reply: help me buy a C6! 05-08+ differences which options to look for, ect.