1973 Corvette LS3/TR-6060 center crossmember - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

1973 Corvette LS3/TR-6060 center crossmember

Old 11-07-2018, 09:47 PM

Default 1973 Corvette LS3/TR-6060 center crossmember

Hello All,

I have just wrapped up putting the suspension and brakes on the frame and I am ready to start with the LS conversion in earnest, the car was originally a 4 speed with no air, and I do not intend to put air in it, so I think that makes things easier for the accessories, but the first task seems to be to make the center crossmember removable.

My plan is to remove the current crossmember completely and weld in OEM brackets that will allow me to put in an aftermarket bolt in crossmember, such as this: https://crossmembers.com/product/196...smember-700-3/

Has anybody used the crossmember, and if so, did it work with just the standard transmission mount?

Thanks,

Scott
Old 11-09-2018, 11:07 PM
11 Second Club

I did a 4 speed to t56 / LS1 in a 74, I cut the crossmember out and used 4 flanges angled to bolt it in / remove it. It worked out great

Old 11-10-2018, 01:20 AM
TECH Addict

I just used a generic tubular crossmember on my S10, It's has an LSA supercharged 6.0 and TR6060 and it's held up fine.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: