Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Race Report, LG Motorsports, World Challenge Mosport

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 07:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race Report, LG Motorsports, World Challenge Mosport

Hi Guys, first, if you don't want to know the outcome click off now. The race will be shown tomorrow Saturday the 10th On Speed TV at 1:00 pm eastern time.

This track is always a great track for me. I have raced there for years. My first professional pole position was at Mosport.

This year, I qualified on the outside pole with a 1:23.0 lap time. The only consolation was that I got beat out for the pole position by another Corvette (Leighton Reece) but of course, he had LG Pro Long Tube headers installed. So it was an all LG PLT Header front row. Third qualifier was Max Papis, with Ron Fellows 4th or 5th.

The start was kind of crazy with the Cadillac CTSv of Max Papis beating us into turn one. But then something happened to his car and he started to spin. I managed to avoid him but 7 of his best friends didn't. I took the lead from the outside pole but we got a full course yellow before we came around to complete the first lap.

At the restart, I led the first lap but got a slick move put on me by Ron Fellows in a second Cadillac. He slid under me in turn 10. I countered with the cross over repass but being a GM car, if I carried the pass all the way into turn 1, it would result in one or both of us crashing. So I pulled behind Ron and kept pace.

Our mission in conjunction with GM and the Caddys was to keep the Porsche out of the top 2 spots. We had a secondary mission that said that if we could win with the Corvette we would do that but only if it didn't jeprodize (read Crash) the our Corvette or the Cadillac out of the race.

We ran a clean no contact race with the CTSv of Ron fellows and finished .8 sec behind Ron at the finish. There were a couple of times where we might have taken the position away but again, if it was a Porsche or Viper we would have taken the chance. But because it was our GM Brother, we felt that we could not take the chance of crashing both cars out.

The only down side of the whole race was in the Victory circle. A very happy Ron Fellows gave me a big "Kiss" on my cheek!!! OMG thank god it was my cheek! :rofl: We were both really happy with the results for caddy and for Corvette.

Our LG Motorsports Corvette has been up front quite a bit this season. 3rd place St Pete, 4th place at Mid Ohio, 1st place at Sears Point (infineon), 1st place at Portland, and 2nd place at Mosport.

Plus we qualified on the front row 4 times and got 2 pole positions (Lime Rock and Infineon)

We will have Dino Crescentini in the car for the last race of the season at Laguna Seca. Dino was driving the car at Portland for the win and he will be back in for the last race.

The Mosport race was a fun race. Ron and I both missed the big crash in turn one. I qualified 2nd and ron qualified 5th.

In the end Andy Pilgrim in the other cadillac CTSv finished 4th to add to his lead in the point championship over the Viper of Archer.

Check out the Speed TV coverage tomorrow at 1:00 est time. I had a Speed TV in car camera going for the race so there should be some good footage.

I will also have my own in car camera up next week on our video web site www.LGMracing.com so you can see the up close action.

thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM

Old 09-11-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very cool
Old 09-11-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, I saw the race yesterday, that wreck was insane, saw that viper that shot across and mounted his front wheel in the front end of that silver vette, I was rooting for you, and as soon as all the chaos happened in turn one I was like "**** where's lg, oh there he is in 1st" yes...., congrats on the pole, it did look like you were going easy on the tires when the caddy got infront of you.... thought you were waiting till the last corner to make the pass but you could hear all the announcers talking about points and gm ect. ect., I hope to go see a race in person some time... where and how many races are left?

Quick Reply: Race Report, LG Motorsports, World Challenge Mosport