Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Leaking vert top on '02 C5? New owner, is this common?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking vert top on '02 C5? New owner, is this common?

Just bought the car. Only 20k miles and the top is in excellent shape and seems to seal well (almost zero wind noise even at highway speeds). However, the top leaks at the junction in the door/window seal between the top and the A pillar/windshield frame. Drips down on the outside bolster on both the driver and passenger seat. Is this common? Is there a fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

never had any issues w/ mine leaking....i have 45k on my 2000 vert.....

There is a way to adjust the driver and passenger windows to let it seal better. The best bet would be to take it to a "trusting" dealer. I had my driver side window adjusted because it was barely hit the black top causing it to rip.

How bad does it leak? My 93 5.0 mustang ver is leaking pretty good on the driver side, and I'm gonna need to replace the rubber on it.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Next - thanks for the reply. It doesn't leak bad, maybe a drip or two every minute (on each side), but seriously annonying on a long drive if you get stuck in the rain. Good idea on adjusting the windows. I am going to try Scotchguarding the top and if that doesn't work, I'm moving on to adjusting the windows.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2K2C5
Just bought the car. Only 20k miles and the top is in excellent shape and seems to seal well (almost zero wind noise even at highway speeds). However, the top leaks at the junction in the door/window seal between the top and the A pillar/windshield frame. Drips down on the outside bolster on both the driver and passenger seat. Is this common? Is there a fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Check here: http://corvetteactioncenter.com/kb/c...y.php?catId=73