Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

East Coast Cam install and tuner recommendations

Old 08-31-2006, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default East Coast Cam install and tuner recommendations

I have a friend with a 2006 LS2 Vette. He is not real active on the web, but after a ride in my 05 GTO he now wants to go with a cam, CAI, full exhaust, tune and possibly heads and intake. He lives in central Jersey, and is looking for recommended shops in the area that can set him up. He is willing to travel a bit, I've done some searches and come up with the Vette Doctors and some others in his area. Any personal preferences or experiences, he's looking to get the job done right, not really for the lowest price and he doesn't really have a HP goal in mind (yet).
Thanks, B
Old 09-01-2006, 08:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

The vette docs like you said, ECS, corvettes of westchester......... they are all in NY so you dont have to drive far. I am sure there are some in the Philli area but thats not close enough for me to know about. I have not been to any of these shops but I hear nothing but good things about them on the corvette forum.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

I’ve had a lot of work done by ECS. I couldn’t be happier with their work. I wouldn’t take my Vette anywhere else.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Teching In

NEW ERA PERFORMANCE

http://neweraperformanceparts.com/

they put my hellion cam in. my car flys (well almost lol)
Old 09-02-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ECS and Vette Doctors immediately spring to mind. Then there's a user by the name of Connecticut who's a supporting member on the CorvetteForum who is fairly reasonably priced also at his shop.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:00 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

www.cartek.net
Old 09-03-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Connecticut just did mine very good and detailed. He looks at everything but its a long trip from you, you probably better off at the local big name shops.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

I'd say go with TTP if your looking to do a heads/cam set up. Their stuff is just awesome and they're a great bunch of guys who do clean work...and do it right.

http://www.ttperformance.net/

My car is there right now for a cam and header install..I can't wait to get her back tomorrow
Old 09-07-2006, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

Slp ?
Old 09-08-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Regular

Just a thought, if the guy wants to try this himself, I have a full garage and have installed many camshafts in C6s. If he is into doing his own work, I could guide him through and get him about 90% tuned. We've got HP down here. I'm in South Central Jersey and am working on cars out of the house all the time. I'm not saying pay me to install your cam, I'm not saying I'm CARTEK, I'm saying me and the guys get together and do this a lot and would be willing to help him through.

There are 2 very modded C6s in the stable.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by AintQik
Just a thought, if the guy wants to try this himself, I have a full garage and have installed many camshafts in C6s. If he is into doing his own work, I could guide him through and get him about 90% tuned. We've got HP down here. I'm in South Central Jersey and am working on cars out of the house all the time. I'm not saying pay me to install your cam, I'm not saying I'm CARTEK, I'm saying me and the guys get together and do this a lot and would be willing to help him through.

There are 2 very modded C6s in the stable.
very cool, this would be the best way if you want to learn about your car

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: East Coast Cam install and tuner recommendations