Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Got Z06 side screens, what else can I do to clean up my rocker panels?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 07:48 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got Z06 side screens, what else can I do to clean up my rocker panels?

My car is pretty clean but has some road rash on the rockers from being driven. Not huge rocks chips, more like light sandblasting. I bought some Z06 side vents for the rear rocker area, but what else can I do? I don't want to repaint the car because I never keep anything very long and don't want to lose the $$$, plus it looks good now and I've had bad experiences with repaints. I was thinking of getting some of that clear bra stuff and doing the rockers in it, would that work? Anyone try it? I put some on the rockers of my new van to protect it from my work boots wearing through the paint, but its white and new so I can't even see it.

The other idea I had (still debating it) is having the lower 6" of the sides just between the wheels repainted with that rock gaurd stuff and new paint. I would have a paint line but it might be worth it. 3 body shops I spoke with said it wouldn't be a bad idea, and its relatively cheap.

I can't be the only person with this problem, maybe the only vette owner too cheap to repaint his car, but no the only one looking for a reasonable fix.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would guess that almost any respectable paint/body shop could paint just the rocker panels and blend it in a way that you wouldn't have to touch the rest of the car. Should be inexpensive too.

What color is your car?

I could ask my brother, he's a paint/body guy and is very familiar with the C5 and its panels.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:38 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its black.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:20 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TS6
Its black.
You should be fine, I don't see why a body shop couldn't spray the rockers to clean them up and blend it in. My brother says black is easy.

Quick Reply: Got Z06 side screens, what else can I do to clean up my rocker panels?