C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

**VIDEO** LG Motorsports In car video from Mosport World Challenge race

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 04:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **VIDEO** LG Motorsports In car video from Mosport World Challenge race

Hi Guys,
This is the MOSPORT race in Canada two weeks ago.

This race was started on a wet track. The rain stopped just minutes before the cars lined up on the Pre Grid.

We made the choice to switch to a Dry set up and put the slicks (toyo DOT dry race tires) back on. we made the change with 10 seconds to go or we would have had to start last. no matter, I stalled on the start and went back anyway just to make it worse.

I could barely hold on for about 7 laps.

Needless to say the track didin't get dry enough until about lap 10 or 11, and with no yellow flag, it became a race against time to catch up to the leaders.

The Toyo tires are bad enough in the rain with the full tread (3/8") but when the dry tires are on, they are so slippery that you would not believe it.

But at any rate, with the track 90% dry toward the end, I came within just over a tenth of a second of the track record held by Fellows.

And when I was passing cars, I had to go off the dry line to get by in some cases.

Still a satisfying race and with one disabled car sitting right at the 160mph end of the straight, I was again shocked that the chief steward did not put out the yellow.

My thought is that if they would not start a race with a CAR PARKED ON THE SIDE OF THE TRACK-----then why would they allow the race to continue with a 3000 pound car waiting to be crashed into. I guess that a green race is more important than the drivers. (not the first time that the drivers have been left in danger and hung out to dry)

At any rate, a yellow would have almost guaranteed a win for us which is probably why it didn't happen.:crazy:

Enjoy the video. Also check out the new sequential shift Holinger race gear box with "no lift shift".

Here is the video link:

http://www.lgmracing.com/lgm-0708-mosport.wmv

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti
Old 09-13-2007, 12:59 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for sharing. You were just walking around those guys.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

That was friggin sweet. I believe I saw a few Vipers in the mix, and boy did it sure like you were passin em' like they were standing still. Sweet vid. Sweet car. Sweet race. Did I say sweet enough?
Old 09-13-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lou you are the man. Never been known for sugar coating the facts either. Thanks for telling it like it is. Congrats on doing so well considering you had such a tough time at the start with the stall.

Can't wait to pay you another visit. Hope you got the email I sent ya on F1 blower setup for my car.

Good race !!!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Teching In

A tenth off Fellows that is impressive since that is his favortie track. And it sure looked like you had a tiger by the tail those first few laps.

Last edited by SilverSLPZ; 09-14-2007 at 12:45 AM.

Quick Reply: **VIDEO** LG Motorsports In car video from Mosport World Challenge race