LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Corvette Performance (https://ls1tech.com/forums/corvette-performance-27/)
-   -   Looking for more power and better times any advice (https://ls1tech.com/forums/corvette-performance/864168-looking-more-power-better-times-any-advice.html)

Jonny Vette 02-14-2008 06:52 PM

Looking for more power and better times any advice

I have a 98 C5 convertible, manual. After market stuff, I have a ZO6 intake, complete system Super Maxx exhaust with dumb cut outs, Vortex Rammer cold air system. I am looking to put my car in the 11's to 10’s and still be able to drive it every day. I just not sure what route to take to do this. I have considered, cam, nitrous, forced induction. I do have limited funds to do this so a supercharger or turbochargers might not be possible at this time. My friend has a 01 Z28 and is going with an aggressive cam and nitrous, not sue if that is what I want to do with my car or if that will get the times I want but it is affordable. Any advice would be awesome thanks allot.

U LUZ 02-14-2008 11:04 PM

hmmm...... sell it and get a camaro now if you dont have the money because its not the cheapest car to build.

BAD-GTO 02-15-2008 01:23 AM

do H/C/I if you dont wanna do F/I. if you shop around most shops will charge you about the same amount to do h/c/i on a c5 than on an f-body too...well atleast here in cali

Shoaf85 02-15-2008 06:00 AM

If you are planning on going to the track then you will definately need a built diff with hardened output shafts, but as far as your goal anything over 450+ rwhp should get you there with some practice and some sticky tires!

BAD-GTO 02-15-2008 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Shoaf85 (Post 8715701)
If you are planning on going to the track then you will definately need a built diff with hardened output shafts, but as far as your goal anything over 450+ rwhp should get you there with some practice and some sticky tires!

:werd:
yeah what he said

phoenixfoundmac 02-16-2008 09:23 AM

H/C, 3.90s, and sticky tires and you're all over it easy.

Red99TA 02-16-2008 02:45 PM

If you don't want to do an aggressive cam then you're going to needs heads along with a milder cam to hit your goals. It's possible with just bolt-ons and a big cam (no nitrous) but you said you don't want that route. You already have the LS6 intake (Z06) so don't worry about the 90mm setup...too much money at this point for not very big gains. If you're $$ limited then forced induction is definitely not an option either...cheapest route in that department when done properly is $5K+.

Z O SICK 02-16-2008 03:38 PM

I'd go with a H/C, FAST 90/90, 100 shot and call it a day. Of course, you'll need supporting mods i.e clutch, injectors, and tune. I think your diff will be ok if you ease it out of the hole. as long as you don't go with a real sticky tire you should be fine.

1badzo 02-16-2008 04:08 PM

going 10s in a corvette is not cheap by any means but if it was me i would call andy at aa bad ass kits if f/i is your option