New Times.. Ms4, PRC, FAST,4k, 410s, etc..

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 12:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
everyone in this thread will agree with me on one thing i bet... you think your car is by far something superior... wow, you have ran 7.4s with bolt ons.... why would you post that every chance you get?
I won't say that 7.4s is impressive, I believe that everyone would be right around the same place with my same mods. It's a bolt on car for god's sake. You just bolt some **** on. Most just go straight for the big stuff and dont worry about bolt ons. That's why lot of heads/cam setups are happy running similar times as me, they don't know where they should be.

However, compared to those heads/cam cars running 6.9-7.xs, it sure as hell makes it seem a lot more impressive than it is. Which is why I like to post it.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:05 AM
TECH Junkie

must be cool to not give a big enough **** that you dont mind coming in and ruining someones threads... very thoughtful man..
Well, you know what I think about this thread. Go talk some **** in one of my threads if it makes you feel better.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
I won't say that 7.4s is impressive, I believe that everyone would be right around the same place with my same mods. It's a bolt on car for god's sake. You just bolt some **** on. Most just go straight for the big stuff and dont worry about bolt ons. That's why lot of heads/cam setups are happy running similar times as me, they don't know where they should be.

However, compared to those heads/cam cars running 6.9-7.xs, it sure as hell makes it seem a lot more impressive than it is. Which is why I like to post it.
its nowhere near impressive... on ANY circumstances if you think that is impressive, you arent expecting very much.. and will never go as fast as me, remind you that you still havnt..... my goals are set WAY above yours judging off that post..

i know... all times are based off what you run... how silly of us....

no, its not impressive still.. 1. i dont think you have a clue what it takes to go from 7.4s to 6.9s... i dont know anyone that would think that time is impressive... not if they are really into drag racing..

i wouldnt doubt you wont run faster than a 7.0 with a cam only car at your track..... but my offer still stands.. come meet up with me and ill drag your *** down the track regardless of what your running at the time..
Old 04-27-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Junkie

its nowhere near impressive... on ANY circumstances if you think that is impressive, you arent expecting very much.. and will never go as fast as me, remind you that you still havnt..... my goals are set WAY above yours judging off that post..
Your goals for your heads/cam car should be quite a bit above mine for my bolt on car. I'm sure if you had a bolt on car it would be much faster than mine, as well

i know... all times are based off what you run... how silly of us....
Is that how my post reads? What I meant was that the majority runs alot slower on average than I do (due to poor planing and parts selection). I'm basing my comparisons for impressiveness on those cars.
no, its not impressive still.. 1. i dont think you have a clue what it takes to go from 7.4s to 6.9s... i dont know anyone that would think that time is impressive... not if they are really into drag racing..
I believe that I have some idea. I know that I can run 7.26 and all I have to do to get in the 6s in hook a little harder, not hit the limiter and tweak my tune a little, right?

I believe a heads/cam car running 6.9s to a bolt on without headers running 7.4s puts the impressiveness scale more in my favor.

i wouldnt doubt you wont run faster than a 7.0 with a cam only car at your track..... but my offer still stands.. come meet up with me and ill drag your *** down the track regardless of what your running at the time..
I won't run faster than a 7.0 cam only? Yeah, that sounds about right for an MS4.

You will run me regardless of what I'm running at my track? I might work with that offer.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

[QUOTE=JonCR96Z;11499459]Your goals for your heads/cam car should be quite a bit above mine for my bolt on car. I'm sure if you had a bolt on car it would be much faster than mine, as well[QUOTE]

no.. my goals in the long run are much above yours.. i honestly could care less what this 346 does... its doing good so far.. but when im done with it ill be moving on...
Is that how my post reads? What I meant was that the majority runs alot slower on average than I do (due to poor planing and parts selection). I'm basing my comparisons for impressiveness on those cars.
I believe that I have some idea. I know that I can run 7.26 and all I have to do to get in the 6s in hook a little harder, not hit the limiter and tweak my tune a little, right?
your dead on... i dont judge how much a car impresses me on anything other than the time it runs.. i dont care if your bolto n car runs 6.8s... its not going to impress me... once you start modding, all that matters is the time, not the mods... (IMO of course)
I believe a heads/cam car running 6.9s to a bolt on without headers running 7.4s puts the impressiveness scale more in my favor.
again, come run me at my track... your "impressiveness scale" wont be so much in your favor any more..
I won't run faster than a 7.0 cam only? Yeah, that sounds about right for an MS4.
read my posts again.. i said you would......

You will run me regardless of what I'm running at my track? I might work with that offer.
yes... i will run you regardless of what your running at that time... all you gotta do is show up when your ready.. that has never changed... been that way since day 1..
Old 04-27-2009, 01:04 AM
TECH Junkie

no.. my goals in the long run are much above yours.. i honestly could care less what this 346 does... its doing good so far.. but when im done with it ill be moving on...
All I would really like from this car is a consistant mid-high 10s 346 on my 17 inch wheels and not very loud. Maybe when I get there I'll want more but that's all I want right now.

your dead on... i dont judge how much a car impresses me on anything other than the time it runs.. i dont care if your bolto n car runs 6.8s... its not going to impress me... once you start modding, all that matters is the time, not the mods... (IMO of course)
Bolt ons running 6.8s wouldn't impress you? You must be very disappointed with what you have now.

again, come run me at my track... your "impressiveness scale" wont be so much in your favor any more..

read my posts again.. i said you would......
It says "I wouldn't doubt you won't run faster..". Reversing the double negative would have it say, "I would doubt that you will run faster..." Whatever.

yes... i will run you regardless of what your running at that time... all you gotta do is show up when your ready.. that has never changed... been that way since day 1..
You really made it seem like you wouldn't run me without you having your bottle ready. I will say that I'm sure you expected more from yours and less from mine (at your track) which does make that seem odd.

Although, I beg you to take advantage of our magic tracks in Central NC and you can make some money off of me while you're here. 2 birds, 1 stone.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

All I would really like from this car is a consistant mid-high 10s 346 on my 17 inch wheels and not very loud. Maybe when I get there I'll want more but that's all I want right now.
like i said... our goals are WAY different...

Bolt ons running 6.8s wouldn't impress you? You must be very disappointed with what you have now.
no, not at all...

you have no idea... ask some people that go to the track with me..
you dont know me at all.. you shouldnt jump to conclusions about what i think too quickly..
It says "I wouldn't doubt you won't run faster..". Reversing the double negative would have it say, "I would doubt that you will run faster..." Whatever.
i live in winchester.
You really made it seem like you wouldn't run me without you having your bottle ready. I will say that I'm sure you expected more from yours and less from mine (at your track) which does make that seem odd.
no.. ill run your anytime you want to... all you gotta do is show up..

again... dont assume so much.. i KNEW EXACTLY what my car was going to run.. every single time ive been to track... to the 1/10 on the ET and the exact number on MPH...

i never thought about what your car would run because A. i could honestly care less... B. its not threat to me whatsoever..

Although, I beg you to take advantage of our magic tracks in Central NC and you can make some money off of me while you're here. 2 birds, 1 stone.
i wont drive 2 1/2 hours to a 1/4 mile track.. you really think im going to drive to NC for you?

your silly thinking you would beat me.... blows my mind... are you in the rice world? i like those worlds... the slower person is always faster..
Old 04-27-2009, 01:27 AM
TECH Junkie

i KNEW EXACTLY what my car was going to run.. every single time ive been to track... to the 1/10 on the ET and the exact number on MPH...
Wow, looks like you would have had the foresight to get your limiter raised, suspension setup and your tune fixed in the 3+ months that you've had this setup together, knowing that you were only gonna run a 7.2@94

What EXACTLY are you going to run once get get all of your parts in and retuned?
Old 04-27-2009, 01:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Wow, looks like you would have had the foresight to get your limiter raised, suspension setup and your tune fixed in the 3+ months that you've had this setup together, knowing that you were only gonna run a 7.2@94

What EXACTLY are you going to run once get get all of your parts in and retuned?
ummmm... theres this thing called money and time...
didnt know how much suspension i was going to need... didnt know for sure if my trans was slipping when i was cam only because of the limiter or the transmission over heating from hot lapping..
thanks for worrying about my setup again though....

depends on when i run... shooting for a 6.8@ low96... expecting a 6.9@ high 95..

once i get everything im going to go with with this setup im shooting for a mid-high 6.7 on motor.. might go faster, might go slower... depends on what all i end up doing before i go bigger..
Old 04-27-2009, 04:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow! A dick measuring contest!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a few around the same. I actually weighed 3480. 3450 was a guesstimate, though that little weight doesn't affect much. Most are way lighter though. I hope to be near you on the list with a set of headers. What was your 1/8 by the way for your SI run?
7.23 @ 93.3 MPH. I had to go look that up. Damn that's been a long time ago

Oh and going from 7.20's to 6.90-6.80's can be a long road. It took me almost a year and a half after the cam was installed for me. The cam picked up 76 hp, but I was stuck at 7.0 and 11.0's for a long time.

Last edited by BAIN; 04-27-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can't we all just get along??
Old 04-27-2009, 04:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

very nice times
Old 04-27-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by flippincamaro
Wow! A dick measuring contest!
no contest.. i win hands down...

Originally Posted by BAIN
7.23 @ 93.3 MPH. I had to go look that up. Damn that's been a long time ago

Oh and going from 7.20's to 6.90-6.80's can be a long road. It took me almost a year and a half after the cam was installed for me. The cam picked up 76 hp, but I was stuck at 7.0 and 11.0's for a long time.
im going to try to skip some suspension for now... i got a friend that is going to let me borrow a set of 28" slicks.. if they work im going to buy some... going to put the nitrous on and shoot for some mid 6s..

Originally Posted by Ego Killer
can't we all just get along??
ummmmm....... im in this thread.... you know how **** goes down with me and cars..
Old 04-27-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

short and sweet... went to the track tonight.. mods are as follows..
Ms4
PRC ls6's
LT's with xpipe and 1 chambers before axle
Ported FAST 90/90
Lid
VIG 4k (more like a 4500-4600)
410s
26" E/T streets @ 12 lbs
weight reduction

still tuned for the stock 98 heads..

both passes on motor.. both pass, i hooked... raised the tires.. spun... hooked again.. reason for this.. im on stock suspension less !swaybar... im hooked, its squating and when it comes back up its bringing too much weight off rear tires and cause me to spin... 60 ft will be greatly improved..... next mod, drag bags!

1st pass... didnt let it cool down as much as i should have.. i would guess about 75 degrees out..

60ft- 1.59
330- 4.68
1/8- 7.26
mph- 94.9

2nd pass.. cooled down a lot more.. and was probably 65-70 degrees out.. i spun, and hit the rev limiter bad on this one.. need to raise it a few hundred.. spun bad on this one, enough to fish tail.. looking at the sixty ft it doesnt look like i spun more, but it was cooler both weather and car.. so this run should have been a low low 1.5 or high high 1.4..

60ft- 1.59
330- 4.66
1/8- 7.26
mph- 94.3

the car has 6.9s in it in same weather with it dead hooking, not hitting rev limiter and a tune for the heads... just gotta get some bugs worked out...

then on to see how she handles the spray!

SIDE NOTE--- have not looked at vids yet.. i will try to get them up tomorrow..

also... on the way there.. a lexus wanted to play... my buddy with a terminator took bait.. cant remember name.. believe is was something 400.... not much of a race.. i started behind and came by him like he wasnt even moving..
we stopped at same gas station and talked, he had exhaust and some future mods.. i told him it was nice fun 2-3 runs.. he said maybe for us, not so much him..
Remove your bump stops. I bet it will fix your bouncing back up issue. And its FREE!
Old 04-27-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Remove your bump stops. I bet it will fix your bouncing back up issue. And its FREE!
already did that... tried it this past visit... with 115k miles there wasnt much left of them... just a little rust and ****...

there isnt an easy/simple/inexpensive way to solve my problem... its either more tire or more suspension..
Old 04-27-2009, 07:01 PM
10 Second Club

lmao... what a thread... Me and you will be a good race though, hoping to hit mid 6's on the shot this yr with these tires. you need to come up to nashville though, mine hooks like a sob up here... When you going back to the track?
Old 04-27-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 273sunsetZ
lmao... what a thread... Me and you will be a good race though, hoping to hit mid 6's on the shot this yr with these tires. you need to come up to nashville though, mine hooks like a sob up here... When you going back to the track?
for real.. im just having a good time... we had a good laugh at lunch with it today...

i think it will be a good race.. im changing my setup a little bit.. think im going to go a little bit more towards nitrous... but im not going to spray out of the hole.. so if you do it should even it up a bit more.. ill have to play catch up..

once i get mine running somewhat the way it should be we will make a trip... what about the speedway... its not too awful far away... and i heard it is much nicer now..

Quick Reply: New Times.. Ms4, PRC, FAST,4k, 410s, etc..