aaaaand no improvement... sigh

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 02:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy aaaaand no improvement... sigh

So, it seems my times have gotten worse?

first time was 100% stock - 14.4738 @ 97.49 with a 2.3721 60'
tonight's best time was 14.555 @ 96.63 with a 2.3907 60' (street tires,LCA's+relo brackets)
...as you can tell i was instantly sad face

although i was spinning waaaay more in general. i tried with and without burnouts, running the car hotter vs cooler, rolling on the throttle vs flooring it, etc. i guess now i need some drag radials or slicks?
Old 10-09-2014, 05:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MedicinalCreamDogs
So, it seems my times have gotten worse?

first time was 100% stock - 14.4738 @ 97.49 with a 2.3721 60'
tonight's best time was 14.555 @ 96.63 with a 2.3907 60' (street tires,LCA's+relo brackets)
...as you can tell i was instantly sad face

although i was spinning waaaay more in general. i tried with and without burnouts, running the car hotter vs cooler, rolling on the throttle vs flooring it, etc. i guess now i need some drag radials or slicks?
If it makes you feel any better my best time after I got my cam was 13.8 lol. After getting some NT555s I dropped to a 12.6. Tires will help lower drastically! !
Old 10-09-2014, 06:59 AM

Tires would always be my first recommended mod. If the suspension is worn then it's always a good idea to replace the worn parts, but sticky tires and a stock suspension will hook better than good suspension parts and regular street tires. People have gotten good 60' times with street tires, but that's due to very good track prep (the kind that tries to pull your shoe off your foot when you walk on the starting line).

The slightly lower mph could be due to the slightly worse 60' or due to higher DA.

Throw some drag radials on it and give it another shot. Just to a burnout when you try the drag radials. Nitto 555R's would be a good choice because you could throw them on your stock wheels and drive to the track or even every day with them. If you want something even stickier than that and don't mind them wearing faster, I've had good luck with the Mickey Thompson's and I've heard good things about the Nitto NT05's. I believe the Hoosiers are very light and supposedly hook awesome, but they have all most no tread to start with.

Good job going out there and giving it hell! That's more than a lot of people will do

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 10-09-2014 at 07:07 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:25 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Definitely get some tires and you will be much happier with your times. I bet you a set of drag radials alone would knock 5-6 tenths of a second off your times if not more. Also depending on where you have the relocation brackets the car may be hitting the tires too hard which is causing them to spin. What relocation brackets are you using and what hole do you have them mounted in?

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-09-2014, 10:03 AM
TECH Regular

Go for M/T drag radials, they last pretty long.

Al
Old 10-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
What relocation brackets are you using and what hole do you have them mounted in?
i'm using the Hotpart/J&M brackets in the lowest hole. i had read using the bottom hole would force the tires down more and give more traction, i guess they didn't mean on street tires lol
Old 10-09-2014, 03:11 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

i'm using the Hotpart/J&M brackets in the lowest hole. i had read using the bottom hole would force the tires down more and give more traction, i guess they didn't mean on street tires lol
Since you are on street tires I would move the lower control arms up a hole in the relocation brackets and it should help out. The lower you mount the rear lower control in those relocation brackets the harder it will hit the tire due to the added positive anti-squat. There comes a point where you can hit the tires too hard and it will make the car more prone to spin.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Since you are on street tires I would move the lower control arms up a hole in the relocation brackets and it should help out. The lower you mount the rear lower control in those relocation brackets the harder it will hit the tire due to the added positive anti-squat. There comes a point where you can hit the tires too hard and it will make the car more prone to spin.
yea true, but now i need new tires anyway so i'll most likely be getting some nitto's of some sort. then if it still doesn't hook up at the track then i'll put 'em in the other hole. to be honest i just don't want to crawl under the car and mess with those bolts again. it was a pain in the butt, the back, and the neck lol. but i'll do what i gotta do to meet my goal
Old 10-10-2014, 08:39 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

yea true, but now i need new tires anyway so i'll most likely be getting some nitto's of some sort. then if it still doesn't hook up at the track then i'll put 'em in the other hole. to be honest i just don't want to crawl under the car and mess with those bolts again. it was a pain in the butt, the back, and the neck lol. but i'll do what i gotta do to meet my goal
Let us know what your times are once you get the drag radials installed. I think you will be much happier once you get the better tires on there.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:07 PM
Launching!

Get a torque arm with pinion angle adjustment. Best suspension mod I did on my bolt on LT1 by far. 1.89 60's on 225/60 - 16 all season tires. The Nitto's are terrible on a car without a good suspension. I think you may be disappointed if that's what you buy...
Old 10-20-2014, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by PA94Z
Get a torque arm with pinion angle adjustment. Best suspension mod I did on my bolt on LT1 by far. 1.89 60's on 225/60 - 16 all season tires. The Nitto's are terrible on a car without a good suspension. I think you may be disappointed if that's what you buy...
lol just got the nt555r's! The street tires I was using were the same ones that came with the car when i bought it, i think the nitto's would be at least some improvement over those plus i needed new tires anyway. New times to come!
Old 10-23-2014, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Throw those relo brackets in the trash if your car is not lowered. My car would bind and spin till I removed those.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...id-i-spin.html
Old 11-09-2014, 01:58 AM
Staging Lane

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...l#post18516781

Quick Reply: aaaaand no improvement... sigh