First Bracket Race

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 08:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Bracket Race

Entered my first bracket race Friday night at Fayetteville Dragway and guess what!! I got knocked out first round and bought back in. Got knocked second round and then I said no more. I went dead on my dial of 8.00 and 8.02 but first pass I was .073 on the tree and second I was over .200 early. Anticipation I guess. This was all with no rpm tach and not being able to plug up my laptop because my genius self pulled some wires out calling myself "rewiring" the car, and messed up the the port and gauge cluster. I still had a great time. Now it's time to lower it down in the back, put cam and 799 heads in and run some 7.50s!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2017, 10:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

I've been dialing in my car for bracket racing too. It's a lot harder to run consistent than most think.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Running consistent in bracket racing takes consistency in everything you do. Burnout, launch rpm and staging roll-in should all be the same.

Cutting a good light takes consistency in staging roll-in and practice. I bump in until i barely turn the 2nd stage bulbs on and leave when the 3rd yellow comes on. If I roll-in too far, I'll redlight if I leave the instant the 3rd yellow come on as usual.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^this^^^ and take into account your lighting. During noon-early afternoon the sun can be super bright and you won't see the light as quickly. As the day progresses into evening and night I see the light sooo much sooner that I start to drop the rpm I stall up to before launch. If it's really bright out I may start at a 1900 rpm foot break launch and drop to a 1650 rpm launch at night. It's really a matter of just practice over and over and over again until you know your car.

Quick Reply: First Bracket Race