Turbo Lq4 Transam vs stock diff - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Drag Racing Results Track Times | Records | Testing Info
 Timeslip Database CLICK HERE

Turbo Lq4 Transam vs stock diff

Old 10-10-2018, 05:51 PM
12 Second Club

Default Turbo Lq4 Transam vs stock diff

Happy Thanksgiving all,

I decided last minute to make a hail mary pass and see if the car would hold for a clean run before I shut it down for the season. Loaded it up with a few friends and hit the strip. I made 4 passes,each pass the stock 10 bolt began to show its tired and 1 wheel peel.I dropped the tires to 20psi on the nitto 55's. The first pass I went soft,just wanted to make sure nothing was going to go wrong. Each visit to the track so far..I was either blowing the charge pipes off,cooling issues or electrical.

The 2nd and 3rd run I came out soft and then rolled into wot..the tires would spin at the top of 1st..going into 2nd and chirp 3rd. On my 4th pass I knew I wanted to give it 100% and see what mph I can squeeze out. I set the boost controller for 20psi. Did my 1 legged burnout and lined up against my friend in his 2015 Mustang GT/auto. The tree drops and I hear turbo noise but not getting boost..I knew something went wrong but I didn't hear any odd noises...I barely held him off and didn't take the L

Best pass I got was [email protected], I got a warning from tech that for the mph I need a harness bar installed and a 4 point belt. I have some things to fix...my brake master is leaking and makes it hard to hold the car inplace for a proper burnout and then I can use my line lock. My driver side rear axle seal is leaking and that's probably pretty low preventing the diff to spin both wheels. Once I got home at further inspection I found a coupler that had partially slid off and caused the boost leak on the 4th pass and was an easy fix. So enjoy the video below of the runs...I got a few camera angles of each.

Old 10-11-2018, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

Car has potential. I can't watch youtube videos ATM, unfortunately. For the pipes blowing off, be sure they all have a bead rolled on the end of the pipe. Good T-bolt clamps also help.

Be careful out there.

Al

Last edited by T6Rocket; 10-11-2018 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:31 PM
12 Second Club

Knowing the car traps 130mph on low.medium boost and horrible 60ft,it has potential.But the 10 bolt isnt going to get me into the 10's trying to launch the car and row all the gears at wot. As for the pipes blowing off..they are rolled but the clamps are cheap t-bolts that strip easy and dont have good clamping force.Ive replace some already and it only shifts where the leak might occur but next year i will be getting complete coldside made in 3" tubing and v-band..Not dealing with couplers anymore. I also need to look into a race seat and harness bar added to my cage

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: