Tt c6 z06 7.88 @ 177

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2022, 12:46 PM
7 Second Club

Received 335 Likes on 225 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member
Default Tt c6 z06 7.88 @ 177

I had originally posted this in the forced induction section but figured I should post this in the correct section for drag racing results. I was finally able to put a pass together and work out some of the bugs, my goal with this thing was to run a 7 second pass on the stock ECM with full interior and full exhaust with nothing sticking out of the hood or dumping out of a fender. It would have been a whole hell of a lot easier had I made those concessions but I was stubborn and wanted to do it just to say I could. Well this past weekend it finally happened so got that monkey off our back and I also thought it spun a bit so I backed out of it for a split second to try to settle it down on the launch but I'm pretty sure I just fucked up, I was yelling at myself over that in the video. Have another couple of psi to go and can lean on the tune up a bit more but I'm happy with the progress on a full weight car with everything tucked away where it should be. Not that it matters a ton with turbo setups but that was at ~4800 ft DA too. Eventually I'll just turn it back down to dial in on 8.50s for some class racing and probably just leave it there so it runs forever since that's all the cage is certified for anyways.

Old 04-21-2022, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Nice job! Congrats on getting it into the 7's
The following users liked this post:
NicD (05-23-2022)
Old 04-21-2022, 02:10 PM
8 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats Nic! Anyone can build a fast race car, but I've always been more impressed with a fast street car.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ratical:
NicD (05-23-2022), Pro Stock John (04-24-2022)
Old 05-23-2022, 02:34 AM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NicD
I had originally posted this in the forced induction section but figured I should post this in the correct section for drag racing results. I was finally able to put a pass together and work out some of the bugs, my goal with this thing was to run a 7 second pass on the stock ECM with full interior and full exhaust with nothing sticking out of the hood or dumping out of a fender. It would have been a whole hell of a lot easier had I made those concessions but I was stubborn and wanted to do it just to say I could. Well this past weekend it finally happened so got that monkey off our back and I also thought it spun a bit so I backed out of it for a split second to try to settle it down on the launch but I'm pretty sure I just fucked up, I was yelling at myself over that in the video. Have another couple of psi to go and can lean on the tune up a bit more but I'm happy with the progress on a full weight car with everything tucked away where it should be. Not that it matters a ton with turbo setups but that was at ~4800 ft DA too. Eventually I'll just turn it back down to dial in on 8.50s for some class racing and probably just leave it there so it runs forever since that's all the cage is certified for anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX-DUX_N1aA
Badass man good job! Any more info on the setup?
- fuel system?
- turbo size?
- aftermarket block?
- piston/ rod/ crank combo?
Old 05-23-2022, 11:47 AM
7 Second Club

Received 335 Likes on 225 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Pasnawtz
Badass man good job! Any more info on the setup?
- fuel system?
- turbo size?
- aftermarket block?
- piston/ rod/ crank combo?
Thanks! It's got a lot of good parts on it, only wanted to do it once.
- Triple 450s
- Twin Precision Gen2 6870s
- LSR block
- Diamond Custom Forged Pistons / Oliver Billet I Beams / Callies CCW crank

Quick Reply: Tt c6 z06 7.88 @ 177