New fastest SI car in the country?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
98TA - In that case then common sense would dictate that the cylinder heads are not internal either. They, like the intake, are bolted onto the motor. I guess the valve covers make them internal. lol

Not for nothing guys but it sure seems so me that the top dogs in SI and Cam Only have dumped a TON of money into their cars to claim some record that no one checks for infractions. So it stands to reason that guys might very well be doing things that slip under the radar, because there is no radar. So what gives? Why are guys dumping mega bucks on light weight parts and such? Hey all, I just dumped 3+ grand on light weight breaks and racing wheels that are a couple of pounds lighter than my other racing wheels and I picked up a tenth. Personal satisfaction? Yeah OK.

All this to show everyone the potential of the mighty LS1. Yeah, an LS1 in a gutted race car. Whooptie doo.
I couldnt agree more with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this post!
Old 06-08-2005, 01:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys just dont get it do you? Sean and Keith have legit times, both bolt on, and cam only. The search feature works for records too, not just cam help

I remember when SUX2BU posted his Cam only graph up. He just forgot to tell everyone it was a 6.0L.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Louis
You guys just dont get it do you? Sean and Keith have legit times, both bolt on, and cam only. The search feature works for records too, not just cam help

I remember when SUX2BU posted his Cam only graph up. He just forgot to tell everyone it was a 6.0L.
So breakit down for us and explain what all Cam only means????????????????
Old 06-08-2005, 02:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
So breakit down for us and explain what all Cam only means????????????????
Hell, if you can use ARP bolts, why not an entire forged rotating assembly. As long as it is stock bore, stroke and compression of course.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was running stock internal I was not allowed to just change springs to LS6 springs so I could get enough rpm range to get through the traps on a 26" tire. LS6 manifold was allowed, but now LSX intakes are SI as well?
Old 06-08-2005, 05:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sounds like V6 bird is jealous.

We can dump all the $$$ to buy the parts to run these records because the parts stay with the car for future setups. It's all about building the car. Our cars are built, so now we just change the powertrains while the car remains finished. It's a great place to be.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:37 PM
12 Second Club

Perhaps if there was a list of rules displayed addressing some of the major subjects this wouldn't be so much of a problem. How about starting a new "Cam Only" or "Stock Internal" thread with rules on the first page in the first post, rather than spread out over 280 posts.

Everyone can discuss (contructively I hope) what rules should be followed and why. What should be allowed and what shouldn't be. Perhaps breaking down the records into more legitimate classes. At this point there are far to many contradictions. "Cam ONLY" is a contradiction in itself.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

If you are not sure what the rules are, feel free to ask.

That is EXACTLY what I did before I ran my #'s.. I asked exactly what I could and could not do to be eligable for the title.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Banned

Well Magnus, jealous or not V6bird is right. You said you polled the masses when you were SI about valve springs and rod bolts. Who did you poll when you went Cam Only? What would make you think that changing rod bolts was OK when you went with a cam? Hmmm.....

Wish I had the money and inclination to go out and buy a used 93-02 Stock Eliminator roller and slap a stock LS1 in there. lol

Bad2000ss - They make the rules up as they go along. I'm sure no one was thinking guys would be going to the extent they are when the SI/CAM ONLY competition started. I bet they weren't thinking guys would be running braked T-400s in 2600 lb cars with SD tunes (which alot of us don't have access to).
Old 06-08-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you think there is an advantage to a Stock eliminator ROLLER? LOL
So..I have a stock rod bolts and I run a MAF tune and I am heavier than Keith.
We ran the EXACT same on the same day,same track.

Now what?

PS, we know these are stupid internet records.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I kinda asked a question earlier.. and never really did get much of a response.. is there any type of cam only ful weight # list? Some of us like to play ay the track occasionally with our street cars.. not really fair to compare a car with a race weight like mine to a car that's 2600 lbs... hell, if I dropped a 1000 lbs off my race weight, i'm sure that the impact it would have on my e.t's would be drastic at a minimum. Nothing against gutted race cars, they have their place ( although a car that is drasticially under the min. weight for class competition to me is a waste.. nothing they do should really count ) and so do street cars...

I guess we should probably have a street car list for all this too. Not that I think I'm even close to the fastest in any class... just wondering how I'm doing in the overall picture all things considered.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:14 PM
TECH Veteran

JL, thats why i kinda gave up trying to be quick.. we all reach a point where we dont wanna go to any other extremes such as dropping big weight out and etc. The guys thatdo, then more props to them for doing so. I hold nothing against a gutted car thats in it for every tenth he can get since they work for it.

But you wont see a list for hevay cars though:-P either you go all out or we stay slow:-P

I mean mine went 11.50@117 with just a 224 cam and roughly 3500pounds weight.. im proud of that for what I had done.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I kinda asked a question earlier.. and never really did get much of a response.. is there any type of cam only ful weight # list? Some of us like to play ay the track occasionally with our street cars.. not really fair to compare a car with a race weight like mine to a car that's 2600 lbs... hell, if I dropped a 1000 lbs off my race weight, i'm sure that the impact it would have on my e.t's would be drastic at a minimum. Nothing against gutted race cars, they have their place ( although a car that is drasticially under the min. weight for class competition to me is a waste.. nothing they do should really count ) and so do street cars...

I guess we should probably have a street car list for all this too. Not that I think I'm even close to the fastest in any class... just wondering how I'm doing in the overall picture all things considered.
Well where would my car fall under there? race car or street car?
I say street car cause its my only car, i drive about 90+ miles a day in it, it has full coverage insurance, registered and inspected.
BUT i bet everyone will call it a race car cause i can live without A/C, heater, radio and other stuff.
SO.... is a car a RACE CAR just cause its light?
I determine a race car or street car by asking what is this cars main purpose? to race or to get to work and go out in?
Old 06-08-2005, 08:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Louis
Thats funny i don't remember ever posting a Dyno graph. I was very happy about my car dynoing 424/420 but i always backed it up with saying it was a 6.0 with milled 241 heads.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Magnus
Sounds like V6 bird is jealous.

We can dump all the $$$ to buy the parts to run these records because the parts stay with the car for future setups. It's all about building the car. Our cars are built, so now we just change the powertrains while the car remains finished. It's a great place to be.
Not jealous at all of a GO CART!!!!!

If your car is soooo finished why do you complain about not being able to hook on a 28X10.5 Et Drag?????
Old 06-08-2005, 09:08 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Not jealous at all of a GO CART!!!!!

If your car is soooo finished why do you complain about not being able to hook on a 28X10.5 Et Drag?????
Old 06-09-2005, 04:52 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Well.... guess that determines it. Guys that don't gut their cars to the complete max to get a timeslip must just not count anymore... I'll go back under the rock I crawled out from under.

Have fun bickering about what's legal and what's not for a class that will never get going anywhere.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01-Z
Now what?

PS, we know these are stupid internet records.
Yes they are stupid internet records....Whats funny is how much you guys boast about being X amount of fast...Whats even funnier is we have a car in Dallas that is truly a stock shortblock, cam only car thats already run faster then what the current cam only power adder car with a car that weighs 31XX with driver.

You dont see us boasting about what the ET is and how much faster it ran then your car on the gas do you? NOPE!

NOW WHAT!
Old 06-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Banned

01z - Yeah I do. I'd venture to say that the record holding Stock Elim. 98+ chassis/suspension set-up is just a tad better than yours. But personally, if you are telling the truth about your set-up, you are the CAM ONLY record holder as per the loose rules of the CAM ONLY class. Loose because no one ever made any stipulations on driveline/chassis mods.

Anywho, you and Magnus have some fast race cars there. Enjoy.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Banned

V6bird - Can you imagine if they thought their records were real? lol

Quick Reply: New fastest SI car in the country?