Went to the track tonight.....aight I guess.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 04:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to the track tonight.....aight I guess.

Went to the tracks last night and this was the best I could do.

1/4 mi. ET: 13.122
60 foot : 2.011
MPH : 108

It was last minute and I had a full tank of gas. I also had to take my foot all the way off the gas and short shift at 5 to 6k so I could get it into third. Having the problem with my trans. On other runs when I shift from 2nd to 3rd past 6k it like goes into 3rd but there is nothing there. My buddy was saying my reverse lights were comin on when I was not going into third. But its impossible because I'm right there. Pull out and let off the gas and it goes right back into 3rd. Dunno what the deal is. Gonna throw in the 5.0 shifter this weekend with everything else.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea your time is definetly off , your car is capable of running faster, as for your airfuel , you need to get that around 12.8 to 13.0 , I think your giving up alot of power running that rich..good luck , i hope nothing is wrong with your tranny..
Old 06-30-2005, 07:38 PM
11 Second Club

Good to see another Hawaii guy on this board! Shifting troubles really kill good ET. Hope you get it all squared away soon. Good luck with the rest of your planned mods that I see in your sig.

By any chance is your LT1 white and have too much torque (limited traction)? I may have met you before at the track.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:24 AM
12 Second Club

Hey man. Dunno if you know the other guys...Drew, Rex, Charley, Phil. I was just at Drew house with them while they were wrenching. You go to the tracks often??
Old 07-02-2005, 01:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Y2K SS
Hey man. Dunno if you know the other guys...Drew, Rex, Charley, Phil. I was just at Drew house with them while they were wrenching. You go to the tracks often??
Yah, I know Drew, Rex & Charlie. They are a bad influence on me. They make me want to spend more money to go faster so I don't have my doors blown off by them.

I go to the track about once every 1-2 months. Because they are closing soon, I 'm planning to go a bit more frequently. Hope to see you at the track!