went to the track tonight... Slow twin turboed Z06 was there??

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went to the track tonight... Slow twin turboed Z06 was there??

Well first of all i dont think the track was preped very well..... And it was about 76 degrees.. might have droped down to 70 by the end of the night... Best i could do on full stock car with half tank of gas was 13.7 which is .2 slower then my best time... I asked a T/A there what he was getting and he said he was .2 slower also... So maybe the wheather/track prep affected me i dont know. I never could launch very well i kept spinnin most of 1st. But anyway what caught my eye was a TT z06.. i have thought about turboing my car so this took alot of my intrest... But i was very very dissappointed... He was running 13.3's also there was a time i heard him keep boucing off the rev limiter bad.. It was a stock LS6 block the only thing he did was add TT and injectors/spark plugs... he had 537 RWHP... Im wondering what was wrong? Was it all driver errors? what would u expect it to run..
Old 09-26-2006, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

BTW he was running STS turbos.. I have seen them talked about a few times so i figured it was a trusted compant... His car was decked out in a STS paint job maybe he was sponsored by them? You all may have seen him before.. Its yellow with STS on it in black. Also its a 6 speed. Not sure if they came in auto but just in case they did..
Old 09-26-2006, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

Too many variables.

Could have had a slipping clutch and just smashing the limiter. Could have been anything, really. Missing gears, notchy hydraulics, bad tune, who knows. Could have just been practicing his launch, and goofing around the rest of the pass.

Later,
Josh
Old 09-28-2006, 11:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran a Firebird with a rear mopunt turbo setup on his car last weekend and handed him his a$$. I ran 11.73 @ 118 mph and he went 12.8 @ 111 mph. His car was auto with crappy tires. He kept sitting in the lanes beside me revving his engine.

I've spanked 2 new Z06 vettes so far because the guys couldn't drive them. They both figured their cars out and were faster than me by the end of the evenings. one went 11.6 @ 126mph, the other turned 11.7 @ 124. Man, I wish I could afford one.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Teching In

I can't remember the last time I saw a vette impress me at the track. For some reason, it always seems like the driver is a sissy, or there's a problem w/ the car. I remember one time last year, there was a guy in an 04 Z06 that couldn't break 13's, and he swore he was giving it everything he had....
Old 09-30-2006, 10:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by brickhoss
I can't remember the last time I saw a vette impress me at the track. For some reason, it always seems like the driver is a sissy, or there's a problem w/ the car. I remember one time last year, there was a guy in an 04 Z06 that couldn't break 13's, and he swore he was giving it everything he had....
I was at Milan in michigan and there was a pewter C5 there and this guy was in the stands telling me and my uncle how it was a built 383 that ran 10's. When it ran a 14 the guy goes thats not the right car It made me laugh. Theres always a car at the track with a bad drivers mod.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:50 AM
AOC
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Hypnotiq
I never could launch very well i kept spinnin most of 1st. But anyway what caught my eye was a TT z06.. i have thought about turboing my car so this took alot of my intrest... But i was very very dissappointed... He was running 13.3's also there was a time i heard him keep boucing off the rev limiter bad.. It was a stock LS6 block the only thing he did was add TT and injectors/spark plugs... he had 537 RWHP... Im wondering what was wrong? Was it all driver errors? what would u expect it to run..
Was this at the GIR?

There was a yellow STS Z06 making passes on sep 26th, I was there making my passes and I saw couple of this STS Z06 passes and the driver made lot of errors with launching and shifting. The driver (btw, it wasn't his car) posted this on our local boar.

Im just learning the car I screwed up a bunch in the driving department also . It was My first time running it on the track.. man i hate wireless throttle

It has a bunch more in it. we have broke the rear and trans in the red twin turbo car real bad and we have a big shootout coming with 4-5 vettes so I couldnt break it

I will get it to run better just give me some time

I did get it to run a 12.4 at 122.9 on street tires
Old 10-01-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya must be in the wrong part of the country, however, many with money buy a Z06 and have no idea how to drive. A stick is not easy for a newbie. They should have a law, "If you can't put your Z06 into at least the low 12's, if not high 11's, then you can't but it".
Robert
Old 10-02-2006, 07:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AOC
Was this at the GIR?

There was a yellow STS Z06 making passes on sep 26th, I was there making my passes and I saw couple of this STS Z06 passes and the driver made lot of errors with launching and shifting. The driver (btw, it wasn't his car) posted this on our local boar.

Yup thats where it was

I wish i would have gotten to see the 12 second run I only got to see 3 runs of his which were in the 13's.. But the one run i did see him bouce off the limiter every shift But like he said the car definately has alot more in it and i hope to see it again doing better. And as u said it wasnt his car so im sure thats y he was boucin off the limiter. I was just glad to see it there cuz i been thinkin about doing the turbo setup and was hoping to see what it did on the corvette.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:46 AM
TECH Regular

Come up to englishtown this weekend(Saturday) and I bet you'll see many vettes(over 50) that will impress you. There are some really fast vettes roaming around the Maryland tracks both modified and stockas well.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:23 AM
AOC
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Hypnotiq
Yup thats where it was

I wish i would have gotten to see the 12 second run I only got to see 3 runs of his which were in the 13's.. But the one run i did see him bouce off the limiter every shift But like he said the car definately has alot more in it and i hope to see it again doing better. And as u said it wasnt his car so im sure thats y he was boucin off the limiter. I was just glad to see it there cuz i been thinkin about doing the turbo setup and was hoping to see what it did on the corvette.
Cool, come on out to track tomorrow, I'm looking to hit high 10s @ ~130 mph.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:22 AM
Teching In

^^^ Howdya do???

Quick Reply: went to the track tonight... Slow twin turboed Z06 was there??