Why am I making this Noob post? What would a h/c Vette mph in the 1/4?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why am I making this Noob post? What would a h/c Vette mph in the 1/4?

Okay, first let me just say I know this post is LAME. :queer:

A guy showed up last night at the local hang out with an obvious H/C LS1 convertible Corvette. He was plenty confident it was the badest and fastest car around. He also made a comment about having his bottle filled. So, I'm wondering just how fast could it be? He wanted to race for money... of course. I saw a check in his pocket for nine grand and he had atleast another eight grand in cash between him and his friend.

I'd love to show up next week with one of the good ole boys in a sleeper (single T76 mm turbo LT1 based (388ci LT4) Camaro) car that traps ~145mph, and show him what's up.

I'm standing back thinking, "it's a convertible, it's a corvette on Eagle F1 tires, etc." I wanted to take him serious, but I don't know how serious his car should really be.

Let's just say it's a built 402 or 427 with a 150 shot of gas. What could it trap? Would it really be a threat to a 800rwhp turbo Camaro?

I swear he'd have put up $15 grand on his car. He had the money to put up and he obviously has the money to put in his car. FWIW he is associated with a very successful recording studio in the New Orleans area. He was a nice guy, really confident of his car, but all-in-all a nice guy and was quite the character.

Should all of my buddies and I pool our money for when he shows up next week? His car wasn't anything really spectacular- it did have a nice lope to it. Think 230/230 in a 347 LS1.

Could his car trap over 135 in the quarter? I know he's pulling over 123mph fwiw.

Again, sorry for my gay post.

Ben T.