Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheapest possible suspension setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 10:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cheapest possible suspension setup

im looking to build up my suspension some. currently i have boxed lca's, sfc's, and no front sway bar. i also plan on getting a spohn t/a shortly.

my question has to do with shocks/springs.

i would absolutely love a set of hals, but my whole car is built on a budget (used parts, cheaper parts, parts on sale, etc) and even the sale price on hals isnt something i could swing.

is there some inexpensive shock/spring combos that would be beneficial. maybe V6 springs in the rear. how are the stock rear shocks for quartermile performance, how about the front shocks/springs?

basically what can i do to the shock/spring combo that is as inexpensive as possible but will allow for better performance

thanks

ryan
Old 09-19-2003, 12:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Cheapest possible suspension setup

try stock V6 front and rear shocks and springs. this is about as budget as you can go and they show a great improvement over the stiff V8 stuff.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be honest.... There have been many members here that have cut LOW 1.4 60' times on the stock shocks and springs.

Had to edit... I remembered last night..when I cut my first 1.3 somthing 60 foot I had, infact just swapped on some front QA1 ( Hal's at the time ) shocks.

not sure what kind of power your packing, but the f-body stock suspension will take you one hell of a long way..especially if your fighting a budget.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the TA and a right rear airbag. Dont bother with shocks and springs yet. I ran 1.50 spinning for 12 feet with the six speed on stock shocks/springs on slicks.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:23 AM
TECH Junkie

right now im doing about 370, but in less than 4 months i plan on being at about 430-440

cool to here some of the faster guys have cut good times on stock shock/springs

ill probably stick with that for now

anything else suspension wise i should look into
Old 09-19-2003, 03:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

I would rather have the stock springs than the V6 springs. The stock shocks will take you a long way too. If I were going to do shocks on a budget, I'd go with the Hal R series in the front and leave the stockers in the back.

LCA relocators are the best suspension bang for the buck, IMO (other than removing the front swaybar which is free.)