Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STOCK INTERNALS setups

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STOCK INTERNALS setups

*Bolt on's ONLY. Stock internals motor, intake to oil pan, stock long block (as it came from GM). LS6/LSx style intake swaps allowed.

All the guys with stock internals setups, what are your secrets

Any hints, tips, things people overlook?
Whether its components, tuning or chassis setup

Share the knowledge
Old 01-09-2009, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm not on the list but i'm getting there.. the biggest secret is weight reduction. The Big dogs on the list have there cars to 3000 or less raceweight which is with them in the car.. Other than that you need all bolt-ons, a big stall converter and traction..
Old 01-10-2009, 01:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

a lot of people overlook a ramair setup.whether It be ftra,ssra,sux2bu,chris13.
Im not on the list,but I will be in a couple months and you can quote me on that.check sig still stock stall
Old 01-10-2009, 03:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am planning on running a cam only setup this next summer. And he^^is absolutely correct. Weight reduction is key. My car will be a full on race car with a "streetable" motor. Should weight in at around 2900 pounds without me in it. For a strictly stock block car, i would focus on suspension, stall, and weight. Depending on how ***** to the walls serious you are about making your car fast, im sure if you hit even 3000 pounds dry it should be a very quick car. And you would not be sacrificing drivability......its a stock motor. Would make for a badass setup, that would be very respected.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fly pantera
a lot of people overlook a ramair setup.whether It be ftra,ssra,sux2bu,chris13.
Im not on the list,but I will be in a couple months and you can quote me on that.check sig still stock stall
agreed this is a huge power adder that most people over look...check this thread out if you havent already...my ram air gave me 12rwhp over a FTRA, and a FTRA gives around 10rwhp...you do the math lol,

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...sults-tom.html

also another secret is the little things like make sure when you get your tb ported and polished they half shaft it, bump spot mod is a must too, descreen that maf too, most people run a catback which gives great gains but they are leaving 3-5hp on the table over a cutout(more free flowing, less restriction)...i still have my factory stock catback on my car...

suspension and other stuff that helps that most people over look is a well built torque converter, i gained 1mph with my yank ss3600 stall because it was more efficient than stock, which it should be, others with fuddles and cheaper converters are losing mph or staying the same...a well built converter should give you lower 60fts and gain mph over stock...

only suspension i had on my car SI was LCA's, SFC's, and a rear airlift air bag in the passenger rear spring with 35psi...still had stock tq arm, pan hard, sway bar, etc...each car is different see how yours performs and pay attention to the small details cause they add up in the end...

i would recommend going with a ss4000 SI, i wish i had it then and could have gotten some low 11.40s...to late now
Old 01-10-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check my sig...
Old 01-11-2009, 09:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For me it was all about weight and chassis setup. Once I got the suspension, tire and gear set right everything worked like it should
Old 01-11-2009, 03:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dadem0n
*Bolt on's ONLY. Stock internals motor, intake to oil pan, stock long block (as it came from GM). LS6/LSx style intake swaps allowed.

All the guys with stock internals setups, what are your secrets

Any hints, tips, things people overlook?
Whether its components, tuning or chassis setup

Share the knowledge
It isn't one thing, it's a lot of things working together.

Tuning, chassis, suspension, driving, tires, weight etc etc.