Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Susoension Guru's Inside : Madman, BMR, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Susoension Guru's Inside : Madman, BMR, etc.

Here is what I know:
In the near future I plan on ordering a Chromoly Tubular K-Member for my 99 Z28.
I know that there a k-members to fix LSX engines and also old school SBC engines.

Here is what I want to know:
I am currently running an LS1 in my car but down the road I plan on swapping it out with the 406 I have sitting in the garage. Is there a K-Member on the market available where I can run solid LSX motor mounts and when I decide to swap to the SBC I can just swap those motor mounts out for solid mounts for the SBC?

Also who makes the lightest K-member? (K-member only, A-arms, etc is not the issue.)
Also in your opinion who makes the strongest chromoly K-member for drag racing?

Old 01-27-2009, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 358chevycamaro
Here is what I know:
In the near future I plan on ordering a Chromoly Tubular K-Member for my 99 Z28.
I know that there a k-members to fix LSX engines and also old school SBC engines.

Here is what I want to know:
I am currently running an LS1 in my car but down the road I plan on swapping it out with the 406 I have sitting in the garage. Is there a K-Member on the market available where I can run solid LSX motor mounts and when I decide to swap to the SBC I can just swap those motor mounts out for solid mounts for the SBC?

Also who makes the lightest K-member? (K-member only, A-arms, etc is not the issue.)
Also in your opinion who makes the strongest chromoly K-member for drag racing?

Call me at the shop. We have a few different options that we can go with. Our phone number is 225-673-3533.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

to answer the second question i think burkhart or pa racing makes the lightest k members. burkharts requires motor plates though which in the event of switching from on lsx to a small block you could also switch the plates out. make it nice and easy for taking the motor in and out aswell.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still think you are a tard for wanting to put the 406 in it.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Haha I am not that big of a retard, I just have one sitting here and if something was to happen to my LS1 before I get either a 93 Z to turn into a tube chassis car or a dragster, I would like a quick cheap fix. A higher compression 406 already sitting in the garage would make for an easy fix.

I am just making sure I have a back up plan in case something goes south before I get all of my ducks in a row for a real car.